Head of Operations
Initially 4 days/week with ambition to scale up to full time within 6-9 months
£40,000 (plus pension) per annum pro rata
Start date: No later than October 2018
SuperWork is a pioneering workspace delivery and management service powered by 00. Our mission is to help people do super work by providing a supportive work environment on a subscription basis. We design, deliver and manage the integration of space, culture and operations in the workplace in order to create the conditions for people to do super work. Through this approach we hope to fundamentally change what it means to go to work and to help unleash the creative, collaborative, analytical, innovative, passionate and truly human potential that lies in all of us.
Are you ….?
● An experienced workspace/co-working space manager?
● Passionate about managing work environments that bring out the best in people?
● Looking to support teams to do amazing work?
● Comfortable in a fluid role with massive potential for personal and professional growth?
● Ready to join a London-based “start-up” team with big ambitions?
SuperWork are looking to recruit a Head of Operations to help deliver and oversee our workspaces across London, to enable our kick-ass teams to do their best work, and to ensure operational excellence across a growing portfolio of sites. You will be joining 00’s team of experienced workspace designers and strategists who have been part of the co-working movement since it all began in London in 2006. More than 10 years in, and multiple operations later, we’re looking to shape the next big innovation in workspace, which is why we’ve developed SuperWork. Our flagship site is Health Foundry, a digital health incubator in Waterloo, which supports more than 100 digital health startups to build new innovations in healthcare. With a series of new workspaces in the pipeline, we’re expecting the Head of Operations to oversee at least 3 sites by 2019.
This will initially be a part time role (3-4 days/week depending on availability) running our flagship workspace Health Foundry in Waterloo. Here you’ll be responsible for a team of 3 team members and 2 consultants who support our growing community of digital health entrepreneurs. As other workspaces come online, we’d be looking to expand your role to full time and for you to take responsibility for at least 3 sites across London by 2019. Being part of a small “start up team” (SuperWork is a newly launched team within strategic design studio 00) provides ample opportunity for professional and personal growth and we’re looking for a self-driven individual who’s keen on shaping this new role and making it their own.
What we’re looking for
● Substantial operational, facilities and management experience in a workspace context
● Proven experience in managing people and enabling them to be and do their best at work
● Solid financial literacy and CMS/CRM proficiency
● Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple activities in a busy work environment and fight simultaneous fires across different sites
● A people person, with strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
The Head of Operations will be part of the SuperWork team, which consists of workspace designers, strategists and managers. They will lead on the Operations strand and be responsible for the smooth operations of our workspace sites in London. This includes setting up new operations as sites come online. At Health Foundry the Head of Operations will be working closely with the Project Director who will hold the overarching strategy and act as the link between the client and the operational team. The Head of Ops will be responsible for managing a small on-site team as well as two consultants.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Operations: responsible for delivery and continuous improvement on operational effectiveness
● designing and setting up new operations as sites come online
● ensuring excellent & efficient operations, including all front-of-house, back-office and facilities management aspects of the workspaces
● identify, propose and execute new systems and processes with the teams
Team: managing, hiring and on-boarding; overall management and achievement of the teams; ongoing review of team structure & performance with the Project Director
● manage hiring and on-boarding of new employees
● day-to-day management of the teams
● set and monitor team KPIs and goals
● support the team’s growth and professional development
● build and maintain a positive and inspiring work culture
Finance: responsible for day-to-day finance management and achieving agreed KPIs
● financial control and management for day-to-day operations
● reviewing P&L and targets with the team
● financial reporting to the Board
Strategy implementation: driving forward the overall project strategy, working with the Board and team to agree and execute strategy
● co-develop the overall impact vision and plan to achieve it
● co-facilitate strategy days and meetings with the team and Board to agree to upcoming plans
● execute the agreed Strategic Plan
Risk: identifying and mitigating risk together with the Board
● manage potential business risks and vulnerabilities
● propose and execute risk mitigation strategies in consultation with the Board
Sales / attraction: overseeing the marketing and attraction strategy to achieve engagement and income targets
● oversee the positioning of Health Foundry and its core messaging
● design, approval and execution of marketing and attraction strategy with the team
● source and manage special projects and additional sources of income with the team
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 15 August 2018
To apply please send your CV and cover letter explaining the following:
Why this role excites you
How your skills and personal traits make you the right person for the role
When you’re able to start and preferred workload
Confirming that you have the right to work in the UK
Apply via the button below.