Four Day Weeks
.Net Developer (UK work permit holder only)
We like to do things a bit differently at Lab. We’re on an exciting mission to create a new human approach to digital, involving award-winning creativity, technology and strategy that shapes businesses for the better.
We want to be the most human-savvy digital agency in the world.
Interested in being part of our journey? We’re currently looking for a .Net developer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about mentoring others and innovative in their approach. If you thrive in contributing to multiple projects and have the attitude of lifelong learning, then this could be the role for you!
You’ll form part of the .Net development team, with the responsibility of delivering high quality software solutions with the goal of building award-winning websites. Your role is key as you will be responsible for the development of the technical elements of our large projects. This includes implementation of CMS websites based in Sitecore, .Net programming, and database development.
What you’ll do:
- Develop secure, robust and scalable code using standard practices and programming techniques.
- Assisting in the planning and architecture of new web applications.
- Adding features or enhancements to existing applications.
- Configuring content management systems and developing add-ons for them.
- Document code changes and adhere to high development standards.
- Provide realistic and achievable timescales against jobs and projects; and ensure they are met.
- Provide regular feedback on development progress to project managers and clients
- Be involved in the whole project lifecycle from project conception to release to production
- Ensure deployed code is managed in GIT and thoroughly tested.
- Contribute ideas and observations for new products or services, efficiency and/or quality improvements and costs savings.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate developers.
Technical skills and experience:
As a guide, the ideal candidate would have 5+ years’ experience with the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience leading the development on a project through to production
- 4+ years of experience developing ASP.NET.
- Ideally 2 years development experience with Sitecore (any certification a bonus!)
- Experience in any or all of the following will be a plus: Bootstrap, Web Services, REST JSON, XML, Continuous Integration, Git, Umbraco and eCommerce.
- Understanding of usability and accessibility constraints and opportunities within industry and ability to draw on expertise to continually improve in this area.
- An eye for design and a understanding of the creative process.
- STRONG preference for experience working at digital agencies
You jump in with both feet. You’re courageous. You ask questions and communicate what you think.
For you, it’s not about resources, it’s about resourcefulness. You have the initiative, energy and drive to make things happen.
You have a client first mentality, but you’re also focused on looking out for your teammates and helping to make the agency a better place.
You’re obsessive about all aspects of design, fixated on the smaller details as well as the bigger picture of your work, and are ambitious and driven.
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.