10 – 20k GBP
East of England
Four Day Weeks
Trinity Community Project
Post Title: Activities Coordinator - Trinity Community Project
Responsible to: Day Service Manager – Trinity Community Project
Post: Permanent, Part time – 30 hours, 8.45am – 4.15pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Salary - £19,000 pro rata (actual Salary £15,405)
Volunteers provide additional support. We are looking for an enthusiastic Activities Coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills, to work with our Day Service Manager, to organise and run our groups and work creatively alongside a team of volunteers. The ideal candidate will be encouraged to develop new groups and ideas and must be able to support and motivate volunteers. Ideal candidates will have experience of promoting a person centred approach to working with clients. This is a new post.
Aims & objectives
The Trinity Community Project is a health and wellbeing charity providing support from its centre to those with mental health issues and learning disabilities. The service is open five days a week from 9am – 4.30pm. We aim to promote independence and social inclusion. The Activities Organiser’s role is to enable and encourage people to participate in a range of social activities within the service and out in the community. The activities that we deliver offer choice and promote people’s skills, independence and self-confidence, while maintaining their dignity and safety. The Activities Coordinator is line managed by the Day Service Manager who reports to the Trustees of the Trinity Community Project. Volunteers provide additional support.
Purpose of Post
To plan and deliver activities for the people who use the service in line with the planned timetable and service policies and procedures.
To promote the work of the Trinity Community Project and the dignity of service users ensuring a professional approach at all times.
To assist the Day Service Manager in reviewing and developing the services in line with the service policy and performance standards.
• Liaise with the Day Service Manager, service users and volunteers to produce and deliver a range of stimulating activities that promote wellbeing and independence consistent with the individualised goals identified for each service user within the centre and out in the community. Provide information to the Day Service Manager to monitor and evaluate all activity programmes.
• Actively promote links with a range of community activities and opportunities, which are likely to enable service users to achieve their individual goals. Assist in the promotion and publicity of TCP services and partnership working pursuits with external agencies.
• Promote positive risk taking while ensuring risk assessments for service users, volunteers and staff are followed, including trips and sessions that take place outside the centre.
• Be aware of the vulnerability of the people the project supports and be alert to the potential for abuse. Follow agreed local and national procedures for recognising and reporting situations that may put someone at risk or cause harm.
• Liaise with the Day Service Manager to provide reports and case studies of service user’s progress.
• Maintain all documentation relating to the day service, its service users, volunteers and staff, as directed by the Day Service Manager, to meet the policies and procedures of the Trinity Community Project.
• Record and report any compliments, concerns and complaints received, to the Day Service Manager.
• To manage payments, made by service users, for the activities they take part in.
• Making use of volunteers’ skills and experience to compliment the work of staff.
• Ensure the efficient running of the service in the absence of the Day Service Manager.
• Using own initiative to assess client needs and appoint and book suitable facilitators, in line with the project’s budget and with support from the Manager.
• Participate in own individual supervision and appraisal sessions with the Day Service Manager and undertake appropriate training.
• Be responsible for own Health and Safety, promoting a safe working environment for colleagues, volunteers and service users.
• Plan own holiday / leave entitlement with the Day Service Manager to meet the needs of the service.
• Undertake any other duties in line with the objectives of the post to support the efficient running of the service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience of working with people who have a learning disability or mental health issues.
• Previous experience of organising community based activities for individuals and groups.
• Previous experience of working with volunteers.
• Qualification in care (desirable).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to lead and co-ordinate group activities.
• Ability to motivate and supervise volunteers.
• Trustworthy and able to deal confidentially with service user information and business information.
• Have a passion to provide person centred care.
• Ability to use own initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with service users, their families, volunteers, staff and other professionals.
• Ability to listen effectively and provide verbal and written feedback to the Service Manager.
• Willingness to provide a flexible approach to working hours based on the planned timetable of activities.
• An appropriate level of expertise in the operation of standard office information and communication technology applications, including e-mail and word processing.
• Have a full driving licence and car insurance to cover driving service users during activities (desirable).
• Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
• Willing to follow mandatory training programme.
• Knowledge of the diverse needs of people with a learning disability and mental health problems.
• Knowledge of best practice in day services (desirable).
• Committed and enthusiastic about achieving the best possible outcomes for people using services.
• Values diversity and shows commitment to equality, and equality of opportunity.
• Values health and safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment
• Ability to contribute effectively and willing to work flexibly and creatively to support the needs of the people who use the service and the work of the Day Service Manager
How to apply
To receive further information and an application form please send your contact details to, Jenny Roberts, Trustee,
As part of Trinity Community Project’s recruitment process, all candidates are required to complete our application form in full. This post will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure, together with all other relevant recruitment checks.
Closing date for applications: 27 th August 2019
Interviews for short listed candidates will be on: Tuesday 3rd September 2019