20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Elfrida Rathbone Camden
Job description and Person Specification: Office Administrator
Job title: Office Administrator
Salary: £26131 - £26871 (£20905-£21497 pro rata)
Hours: 28 hours per week over 4 days
Employed by: Elfrida Rathbone Camden (ERC)
Responsible to: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: ERC offices in Kentish Town
Staff Supervised: Volunteers
Job purpose: To provide efficient, effective administrative support to the Director, managers and staff of Elfrida Rathbone Camden
Closing Date: Monday 12th August, 10am (interviews on Monday 19th August)
Elfrida Rathbone Camden is a charity that works to support independence, empowerment and involvement in the community for disabled people, children and young people, parents and families. Our services include family support, disability awareness training and social and educational opportunities for young people with learning disabilities.
1. To effectively manage the provision and maintenance of office systems and services which support ERC and its projects, including IT services, telephones and the procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. To support ERC’s marketing and publicity outputs including the production of electronic newsletters, editing of ERC’s website, and supporting social media activities such as Facebook and Twitter, and representing ERC at external events.
3. To efficiently and courteously liaise with staff, professional colleagues, stakeholders and the general public.
4. To co-ordinate and manage administration of ERC’s HR procedures, including maintenance of confidential personnel records, management of recruitment processes.
5. To provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees and sub-committees, including helping to prepare and circulate papers, arranging rooms and refreshments, and taking minutes.
6. To ensure that ERC’s health and safety responsibilities are met, including liaison with the lead Trustee, overseeing maintenance of areas of the building leased by ERC and, where necessary, liaison with the landlord’s agents to arrange maintenance of shared areas.
7. To support the distribution of information about ERC projects, services, activities and events by producing, and where necessary arranging professional printing of, materials such as brochures, flyers and annual reviews.
8. To support the Finance Manager in the management of room bookings, both internal and external.
9. To assist with data input and record management for Leighton College student funding purposes, including online databases.
10. To support the effective and accurate running of data management within ERC including using Charity Log software.
11. Monitor the ‘info’ email inbox and reply to or forward emails as necessary to ensure relevant staff are made aware of items needing attention.
12. To identify and report any concerns around real or potential harm for ERC service users, and work to the guidelines set out by ERC’s Safeguarding Children and Adults Protection policies and in line with the procedures of Camden Local Safeguarding Boards.
13. To follow all other Elfrida Rathbone Camden policies and procedures including those relating to confidentiality and data protection, equality and diversity, and health and safety.
14. To participate in training to meet identified needs or to develop skills appropriate to the role.
15. To carry out other duties as appropriate and required.
Knowledge and Experience
1. Substantial and relevant experience in office administration and the management of office systems.
2. Experience of working with service users from a range of cultural backgrounds and with differing support and communication needs.
3. Experience of liaising with professionals from a range of settings and disciplines.
4. Skills and ability to set up, manage and maintain manual and computer-based office systems.
5. Excellent literacy and numeracy skills, including good communication skills, both verbal and written.
6. Good organisational skills and the ability to liaise effectively with a range of providers and stakeholders around specific office needs.
7. A high level of computer literacy – strong skills in using Microsoft Office and other Windows programmes are essential.
8. Fast and accurate typing skills and experience of minute taking.
9. Ability to work effectively within a strong team and co-working culture.
10. Self-organising, able to use initiative and the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload.
11. A high level of awareness of confidentiality, data protection and security issues for an organisation providing sensitive and personal support to individuals and families – having the ability to carry out best practice in this regard.
12. Commitment to equal opportunities and ERC’s policies around equality and diversity.
13. Ability to use InDesign and/or other desktop publishing software.
14. Experience of working with volunteers.
To apply for this role please please download an application form and equal opportunities form which you can find here - and return to