Brand / Content Writer
Flexi Time Job
We are looking for a brand / content writer. Are you the one?
Introducing Private Room
We celebrate the ‘other’ room through our online magazine and social channels. We take our readers into inspirational homes and introduce them to the brains behind the beauty, we show the newest and best trends and innovations in bathroom design and we say where to shop to create your own, beautiful Private Room.
We’re here to inspire the celebration of the ‘other’ room we live in and to make the experience of creating a new bathroom aspirational, engaging and characterful.
Our guiding principles
We had the big idea but now we need the experience and expertise to bring our vision to life. This is a new role for a fresh brand so we’re after a special individual who will have a creative impact on our future success story.
What better place to start our search than by referencing the 4 guiding principles that form the backbone of our brand.
If you’re someone that can always see the big picture and if you can relate to these guiding principles you might be just who we have been looking for!
1. Champion inspiration
Find it, share it, create it. Share ideas, be creative, introduce people to other creative people and always look for ways to do something a little bit different.
2. Tell the truth
We’re a ‘true’ brand, rooted in real life rooms, not sterile environments that nobody lives in. Give an honest picture of everything - from the inspiration you show to how something will fit and work in someone’s home.
3. Be big on personality
Show your personality and encourage others to do the same, everything we do is in the context of real life and we applaud engaging experiences.
4. Take people with you
We’re on a constant journey to find inspiration and bring creativity to life.
We are currently offering a highly creative individual the opportunity to join our growing team.
We are looking for a talented and experienced brand / content writer to take a pivotal role within our fledgling business. You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals, give a voice to the brand and help us grow a loyal following.
You will oversee every facet of the Private Room brand offering, managing all marketing and content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive experience for our followers. You will be responsible for building collaborative partnerships around you to help tell engaging stories and bring context to what’s happening. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic / metrics to identify best practices.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative skills. You should be self-motivating and highly ambitious. If you are also an expert in content creation and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
We’re a new brand with big ambitions. You must therefore be comfortable managing your own time and be driven by the opportunity of helping bring a vision to life. Above all else you will share our love for bathrooms and interiors. As we grow we need like-minded people who have the ability and desire to bring new thinking to the table and who are hungry to make a difference.
You will be:
● Brave, passionate and up for a challenge
● Highly creative, able to produce innovative and original ideas
● Experienced in identifying target audiences and devising content that engages, informs and inspires
● Trend savvy with an ability to respond to ever changing customer / market tastes
● Able to demonstrate trend translation, both visually and in writing
● Comfortable forming and sharing opinions
● Strategic and commercially aware, with an ability to manage and allocate budgets
● Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and key Adobe CC packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
● Knowledgeable in photography, with an artistic eye for composition in order to create stand-out and bring product listings to life
● Keen to travel / immerse yourself in the world of interiors and design
● An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
● Helping us achieve our goal of becoming the go-to brand for bathroom inspiration
● Staying up to date with lifestyle and bathroom specific trends, constantly generating new ideas to draw the audience attention
● Uncovering the latest interior fashions and conducting research on current and future trends in bathroom and lifestyle design
● Planning and developing online site / magazine content, style and layout
● Managing marketing campaigns / initiatives across print and online platforms to ensure the offer meets customers’ expectations and builds credibility of the brand
● Developing strategic operating plans and content strategies that reflect longer term objectives and priorities established by the board
● Creating and publishing engaging content that builds a positive reputation
● Carrying out qualitative or quantitative research to support opinion pieces
● Liaising with 3rd parties including content writers and photographers to capture and visualise the latest trends and ensure brand consistency
● Managing the social media strategy to align with the wider business goals
● Maintaining impeccable standards for commercial product relevance and presentation consistency at all times
● Identifying where additional resource is needed to build a future team around you that can deliver on the brand vision
● Acting as the public face and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
● Salary negotiable on experience
● Full Time / Part Time option
● Permanent Contract
● Eligibility to join our Company Pension Scheme after 3 months
If you’re excited by the role and think you’ve got what it takes please get in touch via the apply button below.