Comms, Marketing & Journalism
Internship (expenses paid)
flexi time job
Gaia Education is an international organisation active in 50 countries on six continents, with a 13-year track record in education for sustainable development and with more than 17,000 graduates around the world and 111 partner organisations. Gaia Education’s programmes equip students of all ages and cultural backgrounds with the appropriate knowledge, skills and critical thinking tools necessary to design a society which uses energy and resources with greater efficiency, distributes wealth equitably, and makes quality of life the focus of future thinking. Our learners become change agents capable of playing active roles in transitioning their existing communities, neighbourhoods, cities and regions to sustainable and regenerative practices, lifestyles and infrastructures.
About the Role
Gaia Education is now accepting applications for a 3-month unpaid voluntary position as a Communications, Marketing and Journalism Intern. The role will begin in the fall at our Edinburgh office.
The role will contribute to Gaia Education’s visibility on different media (press, websites, social media, blogs) through the creation of written content (interviews, blog posts, press releases...) and contact lists. The role will assist the Marketing Officer and Communications Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Create a press contact list
● Create a partners list
● Write press releases
● Write articles based on:
● Our Project-Based Learning programmes
● Interviews with our Ecovillage Design Education hosts
● Interviews with our our Certified Trainers and our students
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
● Degree in Journalism preferable
● Strong co-creation and teamwork skills
● Attention to detail and efficiency
● Ability to work both cooperatively with a team and independently
● Knowledge of another language (Spanish, Portuguese) desirable, not required
Please include with your application where possible:
● Samples of your writing in English
● Examples of projects that demonstrate your use of the skills or execution of the tasks
identified in this job advertisement
As this is an unpaid, voluntary position time and hours will be flexible based on your availability.
Reasonable expenses, up to the value of £10 per day that you are volunteering with us, can be claimed back on the provision of a receipt.
Apply via the apply button below.