Communication & Marketing Assistant
10 – 20k GBP
Four Day Weeks
We are looking for a Communication and Marketing Assistant to join our team.
Could this be you?
- Are you passionate about improving local NHS and social care services?
- Do you enjoy talking to people and listening to their experiences?
- Can you create content that is engaging and accessible?
Substantive/fixed: Permanent (dependent on funding)
Part time: 20 hours
Reporting to: Communication and Marketing Officer
Base: Adapt (North East), Hexham
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 29 January
Interview date: 5 February 2020
Salary: £20,395 per annum pro rata
£11,024.32 per annum – actual
Healthwatch Northumberland is the independent champion for health and social care users across the county. We aim to give a voice to service users, influencing positive change to services so they meet the health and social care needs of our communities.
Healthwatch was introduced under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 to help ensure that patients and the public are at the heart of health and social care services. Healthwatch Northumberland is one of a network of 152 local Healthwatch, supported at the national level by Healthwatch England.Adapt (North East) is contracted by Northumberland County Council to provide Healthwatch Northumberland to 2021.
Healthwatch works to ensure that people’s health and social care needs are heard, understood and met. Achieving this will mean that local people shape health and social care delivery,influence the services they receive personally, and hold services to account.
Healthwatch Northumberland’s functions include:
• Gathering the views and experiences of local people about how they use and access health and social care services
• Analysing the issues and activities in Northumberland and comparing them to those of other counties
• Helping people to access the right services, support and information, and to understand their rights and entitlements
• Reviewing and monitoring the quality of local health and social care services
• Ensuring local people are included in and able to influence service commissioning
• Increasing partnership working and coordinating public engagement in service developments
The main aim of this role is to:
• Promote Healthwatch Northumberland through effective communication and marketing activity.
The post holder will:
• Support the Communication and Marketing Officer to deliver the Healthwatch Northumberland Communications Strategy.
• Provide input into project-specific communication and marketing activities.
• Liaise with the Engagement Officers and Project Coordinator to ensure Healthwatch Northumberland activities and their impact are communicated widely and effectively.
• Creating and maintaining a database of contacts for mailing lists within Healthwatch Northumberland’s data protection policy
• Creating high quality content for a range of platforms and promotional materials
• Using social media accounts within Healthwatch Northumberland’s social media policy to promote the organisation to stakeholders
• Maintaining stock control system for marketing materials and distributing promotional materials
• Lead on managing the ‘info @’ email account ensuring messages are given tot he appropriate team member and receive a response
• Organising venues, catering and administering bookings for Healthwatch Northumberland events
• Attending Healthwatch Northumberland events as required
• Collating and organising an information system about local health and social care services
• Providing information to members of the public and making accurate records of the call and any sign posting activity
• Providing a telephone reception service
• Liaising with other local Healthwatch and Health watch England as required
- Experience of writing engaging content for a range of digital platforms
- Experience of using social media accounts for business
- Demonstrable written communications skills in digital or traditional media content
- Experience of organising venues, administering bookings and liaising with venue and catering staff
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Information and Signposting
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to convey information and ideas clearly and succinctly
- Experience of creating mailing lists using a database
- Ability to research and collate information resources about local services
- Ability to provide professional telephone reception service
- Good telephone interview skills and case recording
- Commitment to working towards improving health and social care services for the people who use them and their carers
- Knowledge of basic General Data Protection Regulations
- Ability to work to individual and team objectives with a flexible approach
- Driving licence, access to vehicle and willingness to travel independently around Northumberland, the region and, when required, nationally
- Understanding of health and social care services and support in Northumberland
- Experience of using Accessible Information Standards to create content
- Knowledge of CRM systems
To apply for this role please download the application form which you can find via the apply button below.
Please return your completed application form by midnight 29 January 2020 to or Claire Jackson, Healthwatch Northumberland, Burn Lane, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 3HN
Interviews will be held on 5 February 2020 in Hexham.