Customer Support & Marketing Assistant
Yorkshire and the Humber
Flexi Time Job
Dyslexia Sparks is a registered charity providing dyslexia and dyscalculia assessments, tuition, training and support across Hull and East Riding. Established in 2016, we are a small and passionate organisation looking to expand our team by recruiting a trustworthy and reliable Customer Support and Marketing Assistant.
Our mission is to support Dyslexic individuals of all ages to identify their strengths and learning needs and to enable them to overcome any barriers to success, to make progress and to reach their full potential. We recognise the impact that Dyslexia can have on significant others and extend our support to the families of Dyslexic individuals. We offer understanding, professionalism and a safe environment within which this mission can be achieved.
Our vision is for a world where Dyslexic individuals are valued and celebrated for what they have to offer. We envisage a world where Dyslexic individuals can unleash their inner spark in order to make valued contributions, whether at school, the world of work or within the wider community. We aspire for schools, workplaces and governing bodies to support this vision by designing and implementing policies and procedures which allow Dyslexic individuals to be fully supported in contributing to the community which they are part of.
The role of Customer Support and Marketing Assistant would be suitable for a hard-working individual looking for a part-time role which offers flexible working (flexible hours to suit the individual’s personal circumstances and compressed hours during school holidays are possible). Being a dependable member of our small team is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual with a strong customer focus to join our team and support the charity in making a real difference to people’s lives. This role involves providing friendly support to our beneficiaries, helping to develop the charity’s marketing activities, and being efficient in undertaking administrative tasks to support the charity’s team.
Based at our Hull office, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, prioritise, use initiative and manage their own workload. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be competent in organising and prioritising their workload and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
Although not essential, some understanding of Dyslexia or other Specific Learning Difficulties would be of benefit to this role. Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of individuals is essential to this role.
The Customer Support and Marketing Assistant will work alongside the existing Office Administrator and report to the Founding Director. This role offers an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to support Dyslexia Sparks with their Vision, by utilising creative skills in order to develop the charity's social media presence and design marketing and publicity materials.
- Part-time (16-20 hours per week (to be agreed), 52 weeks per year
- Days & hours of work are open to discussion
- Salary: £17,500 Annual Full-Time Equivalent
- Pro-rata: £7,467 - £9,333 (dependant on hours worked)
_NB: Term-time working (40-47 weeks per year) is possible;
salary above is based on a 52-week contract._
- Pension scheme (NEST)
- 5.6 weeks holiday leave (Annual Full Time Equivalent)
- Flexible working: We consider requests for flexible working on hiring. In most cases the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, flexible hours/compressed hours during school holidays.
- Dyslexia Sparks is a supportive employer, who is keen for their employees to meet their potential. Opportunities for training and further professional development are encouraged and supported.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - MARKETING:
- Familiarising yourself with the company’s mission, vision, and goals;
- Undertaking desktop research on relevant organisations across the SpLD community;
- Gathering marketing analytical data from various sources to inform marketing campaigns and strategies;
- Working closely with the Founding Director to conceptualise marketing campaigns and strategies;
- Creating social media posts and email campaigns;
- Monitoring social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and responding to enquiries;
- Supporting the planning and organisation of charity events;
- Representing the charity at events;
- Taking photographs at key events;
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – CUSTOMER SUPPORT:
- Supporting clients by providing information about our services, including specialist assessment, tuition and training;
- Offering advice and guidance to individuals, parents, organisations and schools;
- Monitoring customer feedback and reporting this to the team;
- Building rapport with children and adults;
- Responding promptly to new tuition enquiries;
- Liaising with teaching staff to identify appropriate teaching slots for new students and alternative teaching slots for existing students;
- Updating teaching timetables and communicating these to teaching staff;
- Passing Bursary applications to the charity’s Bursary Team and dealing with requests for further information, including liaising with Bursary applicants.
GENERAL DUTIES (included but not limited to):
- Sending out progress reports to existing pupils;
- Liaising with relevant organisations/staff to arrange room bookings;
- Administrative duties to assist in the lead up to, and during, charity events;
- Minuting meetings;
- Filing/photocopying as required;
- Office administration (welcoming guests, dealing with deliveries).
- Administration: 4 years (Required)
- Customer Support: 2 years (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via the apply button below.