30 – 40k
Four Day Weeks
Salary: £40,000 per annum (pro rata if part time)
Contract Type: Indefinite
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Hours Details: Minimum of 3 days per week
Closing Date: 21 October 2019
About the role
The Database Manager is a newly created role in response to the growth of ClientEarth’s donor base, especially through online and individual giving. This role is coming at an exciting time for the organisation and we are looking for someone who relishes the chance to proactively lead on data management within the Development team, working closely with the finance team.
The Database Manager will take responsibility for gift management, regulatory compliance including GDPR, gift aid claims, insight analysis and reporting. They will have advanced knowledge of Raisers Edge and Raisers Edge NXT and demonstrable experience of working with financial systems.
Reports to: Head of Philanthropy
Line manages: Development Administration Assistant
The Database Manager will report to the Head of Philanthropy and work closely with the Philanthropy Officers and the wider Development Department. They will manage the Development Administration Assistant who has a key function in ensuring cohesion and coordination between the Strategic Partnership and Philanthropy team. The post holder will also have key relationships with the Finance and Communications teams.
Function and responsibilities
- Lead on the development and maintenance of appropriate processes for the Development Department and contribute to effective prospect management and donor stewardship systems and tools; in particular the team’s use of the Raisers’ Edge fundraising and relationship management database;
- Line management of the Development Administration Assistant to ensure all financial procedures including downloading financial reports, gift administration, reconciliation and working with finance on gift administration are completed accurately and effectively
- Work with the Development Administration Assistant to perform all database administration functions, including database maintenance, duplicate record merging, clean-up tasks and quality control audits
- Work with the Philanthropy and Strategic Partnership team to manage the prospect pipeline, helping to devise and develop specific strategies for new and renewing income
- Provide regular reports on KPIs, performance and activity targets and regular reports on fundraising activities, audience insight, appeal performance and forecasts as appropriate
Experience & knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Significant knowledge and experience in information and contact management systems such as Raisers Edge (essential)
- Experience of working with finance teams and a strong working knowledge of financial processes including gift administration, reconciliation and running reports and queries (essential)
- Demonstrable knowledge of pipeline management and working with fundraisers to develop strategies to build the pipeline and moves management through it (desirable)
- Understanding of the supporter journey, and experience in delivering effective stewardship strategies at multiple giving levels (desirable)
- Experience in the development, fundraising or CRM management fields. (essential)
- Experience of managing a small team (desirable)
- Highly organised and able to priorities and manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced working environment (essential)
- Core IT skills: able to use MS Office, Internet, databases, teleconferencing, Sharepoint (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with ability to foster positive working relationships (essential)
- Organised, reliable and self-motivated (essential)
This position will be based in London and might involve some occasional travel within the UK and EU.
This is a permanent, full time position, to start as soon as possible. Part time and flexible working hours will be considered.
This job description is not contractual and is liable to change over time due to the changing business needs of ClientEarth.
ClientEarth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note that ClientEarth will only be able to employ those who have the legal right to work in the country where this post is based.
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.