four day weeks
Jack In The Box Nursery
Jack In The Box (Bosbury) Ltd, located close to Ledbury, is seeking a special individual to support our Early Years and Out of School Manager in the role of Deputy Manager.
The role is Full Time working 38.5 hours over a 4 day week.
Jack in The Box Nursery is a small 24 place nursery for children from 18 months to aged 4, located in Bosbury adjacent to Bosbury Primary School. Our bespoke wooden lodge has been designed and adapted to the children, offering a home from home environment where children can learn and develop. We offer an extensively resourced outdoor area with our own forest school.
We have become increasingly interested in providing more holistic based opportunities within our provision, so in July 2018 we joined ‘The Curiosity Approach Academy’’ and embarked on their ‘Curiosity Approach Accreditation’ Scheme.
The right candidate will have a passion for modern and current approaches in Early Childhood and be pro-active in working with our team towards gaining our accreditation. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who is looking to gain further knowledge and skills and improve their own practice. Prior knowledge of ‘The curiosity Approach’ would be desirable, but not essential.
We need someone who can bring experience and use their initiative. Ideally, we would like someone who holds an Early Years Degree but must hold a full and relevant Level 3 Early Years Qualification.
We are looking for a passionate, committed, confident individual who is motivated by the opportunity to make their mark in an environment committed to creative thinking and highest standards of childcare.
In return, you will get to work for a small, family-run company that supports development, based on your career aspirations. A discretionary bonus scheme to recognise and celebrate outstanding practice and enrolment into our pension scheme. Staff meetings and time spent undertaking training is given back as time in lieu. We also offer discounted childcare.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Manager in the day to day management, staffing organisation and smooth
running of Jack In The Box.
- Supporting the manager in providing a strong lead in all areas of the curriculum, model
outstanding practise and deliver high quality provision.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment for all children who attend JITBX with a high
regard to safeguarding.
- Supporting the Manager in leading and managing the staff to ensure that all statutory, legal
and setting obligations are followed and met.
- Engaging with and promoting the corporate identity of JITBX to all stake holders and provide
exceptional levels of customer service.
Purpose of the job:
1. To support the manager in drawing up and cascading to stake holders the long-term,
medium-term and sessional curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework and to monitor the effectiveness ofthe setting’s curriculum.
2. To support the manager in the delivery of a quality Out of School service during both term
time and school holidays.
3. To be responsible for providing an outstanding quality of education and learning,
supporting the manager in ensuring that staff are properly deployed, able to fulfil their roles as
Key Persons in observing, assessing and feeding into planning whilst offering appropriate
stimulation and support to the children attending the setting.
4. To work with the Nursery Manager; contributing towards the monitoring, evaluation and
development of JITBX.
5. To ensure all staff implement and maintain systems of observation and record keeping so
that children's progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures and analyse data using this information to set realistic targets.
6. Under the direction of the Nursery Manager effectively supervise staff on a daily basis,
monitor the quality of teaching; participate in parent consultations, staff meetings and staff
appraisals (where appropriate), to identify in-service training needs, reporting those to the
Nursery and Human Resources Manager.
7. To be a Designated Safeguarding Lead and ensure that the welfare and safety of
children is promoted within the setting and that any child protection concerns are always
appropriately acted upon immediately.
8. To ensure records are properly maintained, updated and evaluated, e.g. daily attendance
register, accident and incident book, kitchen, Fire and health and safety checks etc.
9. To be in ratio for 4 days per week as the key person to a small group of children, usually
the school leaver group, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with their
parents/carers ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
10. Where required, to be responsible for written communication between the setting and
parents/carers, ensuring that all written contact is of a high quality and consistent.
11. Working with the nursery manager and team to ensure that Jack-In-The-Box is a safe
environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practised.
12. To work alongside the Nursery Manager and Senior Management Team to implement
any recommendations made following regulatory inspections.
14. To contribute towards the review, update and implementation of all of Jack-In-The-Box
policies and guidelines.
15. To attend any conferences, training events or meetings, as identified by the Nursery
Manager and to keep up-to-date with current good practice.
16. To undertake any other reasonable duties as required, in accordance with the setting’s
To apply for this role please request application form from Cassie via the apply button below.