Digital Marketing Officer
20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Community Council for Somerset
Job Title: Digital Marketing Officer – maternity cover 12 month fixed term contract
Employing Organisation: Community Council for Somerset / Smart Communities Ltd
Work Location: Office based at Viney Court, Taunton. Opportunity for home working on an ad hoc basis.
Hours: 28 hours per week to be worked over a minimum of 4 days
Salary: Scale £22,400 - £27,030 per annum pro rata depending on experience
Leave: 25 days per year plus bank holidays pro rata
Reports to: CEO
Objectives: To ensure that CCS and Smart Communities Ltd refine and effectively communicate coherent and relevant brand messages to enable Somerset residents, communities, partners, stakeholders, funders and commissioners to recognise our work in order to support people and maximise income.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of the overall CCS and SCL Business Strategy
- Using CCS and SCL messaging grids and other relevant marketing information up date and refine the CCS and SCL marketing plans
- Lead on the implementation of the actions identified in CCS’s Marketing Strategy
Market Analysis and Intelligence
- Assist in undertaking market research to define target groups and establish the most effective way to reach target groups
- Assist in defining the CCS and SCL product and service offer
- Alongside the Quality and Performance Manager assist with analysis of the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare appropriate monitoring and reporting to assist in measuring impact
- Alongside the Agent Communications Officer contribute to the review and update of the format and content of the CCS, Village and Community Agents, and Carers Agent websites
- Lead on managing the day to day presence of all social media activities for CCS and SCL and support the Agent Communications Officer with social media activity for Agents
- Produce monthly social media statistics and support all employees in the use of appropriate social media activities
Marketing collateral and publicity material
- Design, prepare or outsource (when required) publications and distribution of publicity materials
- Lead on marketing campaigns and produce a calendar of marketing events and significant county wide and special interest events such as Carers week and Village Halls week
- Coordinate content for and write and produce various newsletters
- Write, edit and proofread marketing material for use in different channels
- Alongside the Agent Communications Officer develop and communicate to all staff a CCS and SCL brand guidelines document
- Ensure compliance with external branding guidelines.
- To work with colleagues to produce membership forms as required
PR and Events
- Lead on ensuring that CCS and SCL has a current media contact list and liaise with local, regional and national contacts to raise profiles of both organisations.
- Actively seek opportunities to enhance CCS and SCL brands and coordinate publicity events as required
- Alongside the Agent Communications Officer and Agent Liaison Officer assist in organising Agent focused events such as Talking Cafes, pop up Talking Cafes and Community Connect events.
- Attend the organisations AGM and/or Annual Conference and organise appropriate relevant publicity
- Liaise with finance colleagues and CEO to monitor the marketing and communications budget.
- To take responsibility for own time management and administration.
- To attend regular internal meetings.
- To attend training sessions that are relevant to your role as approved by your line manager.
- To complete weekly timesheets.
- To undergo an annual appraisal and regular supervisory sessions
- To ensure that the Mission, vision aims and objectives of the organisation as a whole are upheld.
Qualifications & Training
- HND, Level 4 qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism or related field
Experience and skills
- Excellent communication skills, inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Advanced ICT skills including: email; word processing; spreadsheets; database administration, presentations, use of graphic design packages (e.g. InDesign) web applications.
- Experience of working with CRM systems.
- Evidence of writing high quality materials on and off-line.
- Evidence of planning, editing, research and proofing materials.
- Experience of promotion and brand development.
- Experience of successful partnership working.
- Experience of information analysis and GDPR as applied to marketing
- Experience of rural issues
- Experience within the third sector
- Knowledge of local government and third sector structures and hierarchy
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of writing blogs and press releases
- Strong organisational abilities.
- Demonstrates a clear and logical approach to tasks and responsibilities
- Lateral thinker, who can provide creative solutions
- Ability to understand and interpret data
- Makes decisions using robust and justifiable methodologies
- Ability to use resource (e.g. IT) to improve efficiency
- Ability to empathise with key stakeholders and assist in communicating organisational goals
- Ability to promote a positive image of the organisation
- Use of initiative/self-motivated
- Thorough, with attention to detail
- Positive outlook
- Problem solver, pragmatic and resilient
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to participate in training and acquire new skills
- Work in a team and network with partners
- Effectively manage your own workload and identify priorities
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
Some travel will be required across the county so a full clean driving licence and use of a reliable car insured for business purposes is required.
Closing date is Noon on Thursday 21st November with interviews week commencing the 25th November and 2nd December in Taunton.
To apply for this role please download the application forms from here and send your completed application forms to