Digital UX Researcher
30 – 40k
Remote - UK
DIGITAL UX RESEARCHER
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Location: UK, remote
Application deadline: 11pm, 30th April 2019
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for a gifted and proven digital user researcher to join our growing digital user research and strategy team.
You will slot into a talented, multidisciplinary team to ensure our client partners have the user research insights to make informed, evidence based decisions on how to develop and improve their digital services.
You will work with high-profile public sector clients on meaningful digital services and websites for the likes of the RAF, Health Education England, Department for Transport, Barnardo’s Centre for Expertise on CSA, and Skills for Care.
As a Lagom digital researcher you will act as the voice of the users by:
• Conducting user interviews, field research, and workshops
• Running surveys, card sorts, and Google Analytics reviews
• Developing user personas, service journey maps, and user stories
• Developing and managing research plans
• Running user feedback sessions and usability testing of prototypes and working digital services
• Analysing, writing up, and presenting your research findings to the team and clients
• Coaching and sharing your knowledge with the team, interns and clients
You will be trained and mentored by experienced user researchers and digital strategists to execute these techniques inline with our processes and the Government Digital Service (GDS) Digital Service Manual to meet the Digital Service Standard.
We are looking for these skills and characteristics:
• Bright, inquisitive, rigorous, enthusiastic, and self-starting attitude
• At least 12 months’ practical experience executing user research
• Degree level education or equivalent (ideally related to digital user research)
• Experience delivering qualitative UX research methods, such as interviewing and facilitating workshops
• Experience delivering quantitative UX research methods, such as surveys, card sorts, or Google Analytics reviews
• Ability to collate, analyse, and draw insights from large amounts of information
• Excellent and confident communication skills (written and verbal) + fluent in English
• Ability to manage a workload across several fast moving projects
• A passion and awareness of how technology can meet the needs of users and wider society
• Experience with the GDS Digital Service Standard or public sector digital services [Desirable]
HOW YOU WILL WORK
Lagom’s base is in Loughborough, but the team is spread around the UK. We all work remotely using a range of communication and productivity tools to keep in constant communication as a team and with our clients. We come together throughout the year for team days.
We only work with people and organisations trying to do good things. And we try to adopt a state of Lagom in all things we do (a Swedish word that loosely translates as balanced).
The role will involve some travel around the country for user research activities and client meetings (that can’t be handled by phone or screen-sharing tools). Where depends on our active projects, bu our clients are mainly based in Birmingham, Leeds, and London.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
• Flexible working hours
• Regular pay reviews to increase salary as you progress
• Dedicated training budget and time
• Budget for setting up a comfortable and productive remote working environment
To apply for this role please send your CV & covering letter via the apply button below.