Four Day Weeks
Are you a graduate looking for a career in editing?
Synergy Vision is a medical communications agency working with high-profile pharmaceutical companies to deliver creative and innovative projects in medical education and events.
We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to support our Medical Writing team under the supervision of the Senior Scientific Editor to ensure we deliver high quality and accurate work to our clients.
We are currently looking for a graduate with an interest in the English language and science, and keen to embark on or further develop a career in editing. You will receive training to become a skilled editor in medical/scientific communications. If you are proactive, keen to learn and want to start your career in editing, we’d love to hear from you!
This job is for you if you have:
• A strong command of the English language, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail, with an organized and methodical approach to your work
• Good judgement and the ability to prioritize effectively
• The ability to multi-task while setting and meeting deadlines, with flexibility in working style
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative
• The ability to work effectively in a team and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• A relevant undergraduate degree or higher
• Supporting the Senior Scientific Editor with copyediting and proofreading a range of scientific materials (meeting reports, slide kits, speaker presentations, manuscripts, etc.) with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Supporting the Medical Writing team on tasks such as data/reference checking, uploading materials to document approval systems, manuscript preparation and submission, obtaining copyright permissions, etc.
• Providing editorial support to the wider company, including copyediting/proofreading PR materials and internal documents
• Updating client style sheets, internal libraries and manuals/guidance documents
• Working effectively and efficiently with colleagues across the company, and maintaining timely and clear communication both internally and externally
SV has built a dynamic team culture that nurtures and invests in people like you.
Take a fresh approach
They’re passionate about the potential for medical communications to transform healthcare and are motivated to develop themselves as part of developing their careers. They see what’s possible, and want to work in an environment where asking ‘why?’, ‘what if?’ and ‘so what?’ is just part of the process of delivering creative and innovative projects.
They can zero in on the details while keeping the big picture – delivering the difference – in mind. They use planning and organization in order to stay flexible for and open to change in a fast-paced agency environment. They’re comfortable working collaboratively and independently – and can quickly spot which approach is needed for a given situation.
They build client relationships though excellent communication, interpersonal skills, full transparency and continually seeking new information and ideas. They’re able to accept constructive feedback and use it as a catalyst for growth. They are trusted by clients and want to achieve personal and professional satisfaction.
They’re cyclists and artists and home chefs and bookworms and dog-lovers. They’re funny and kind and quiet and loud and a little bit different. They’re people like you.
SV delivers the difference to you with benefits including:
• Competitive salary
• 4-day work week
• Option to purchase additional holiday
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers
• 26 days holiday pro-rata
• Duvet days
• Employee assistance programme
• Flexible working
• Birthday lie-in
• Perkbox rewards scheme
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via the apply button below.
*Cover letter should be a max of one page of A4. It should explain your reasons for wanting this
role and give an example of a time when you have displayed excellent attention to detail.