30 – 40k
Flexi Time Job
Spencer Shaw Solicitors
We are a niche firm providing employment law services to employers and employees. We believe there is a group of talented Employment Law Solicitors who want to find a good balance between their careers and spending time on other commitments outside of work. We offer a friendly but focussed working environment.
We are looking for a skilled employment solicitor with around five years’ post-qualification experience who can manage their own caseload. The right candidate will be able to understand what their clients are looking to achieve, plan strategically and apply the law with accuracy and attention to detail.
You will be based at our Edgbaston office in Birmingham with the possibility of home working and flexible hours. We are happy to hear from candidates looking for part-time hours.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience (pro-rata if part-time)
25 days leave plus Bank Holidays
3% pension contributions
You will be able to demonstrate these standards:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with confidence to manage relationships, often at most senior levels
2. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
3. The ability to communicate complex issues and concepts to non-lawyers in plain English
4. Independently minded but with a desire to be part of a team
5. The ability to form a rapport with clients and other team members
6. Flexible to assist others
7. Work efficiently to meet deadlines
Professional Competencies Required
1. You are an experienced solicitor specialising in employment law with around five or more years post qualification experience.
2. You have represented both employees and employers.
3. You have experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
4. You have a working knowledge of the law on restrictive covenants.
5. You have prepared contracts of employment.
6. You have advised on settlement agreements.
7. You are familiar with and have prepared staff handbooks.
8. You have excellent computer skills, particularly in use of Outlook and Word.
9. You will have a valid UK driving licence and be willing to use your own vehicle for business purposes (mileage paid).
10. You have experience of helping clients deal with unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, redundancy issues, whistle blowing claims, and TUPE issues.
11. You have appeared at the Employment Tribunal, at least on preliminary matters.
12. You have prepared ET1, ET3, particulars of claim and grounds of resistance.
13. You have worked with computer-based client management systems.