Events and Marketing Officer
10 – 20k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Events and Marketing Officer
Family Friendly Working Scotland (FFWS) is part of Working Families, the UK’s leading work-life balance organisation. We help working parents and carers- and their employers – find a better balance between responsibilities at home and in the workplace.
We are growing our events and services for employers and are looking for an events and marketing officer to support us.
We are looking for an independent and practical self-starter who has experience in organising events. You will be very confident working in a digital environment and have some experience of marketing and communication. You will have good verbal and written communication skills.
We are small, but extremely ambitious and we work at a fast pace. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated candidate to support our growing work with employers
We are offering a salary of £21,000 (FTE) pro rata
This role is 30 hours per week over a minimum of four days per week and we are ‘Happy to Talk Flexible Working’ – meaning there is flexibility around working patterns and place of work.
This role requires occasional travel in Scotland for events and very occasionally to London
This role will be based at Robertson House, 152 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB. There is an option for some home-working. Some travel will be required within Scotland and occasionally to London.
The FFWS Events and Marketing Officer will be an integral part of our small team in Glasgow at an exciting time in the progression of the organisation.
You are a born organiser and will be responsible for marketing and organising our employer-focused events throughout the year, to engage employers in the agenda of flexible working.
You will be confident in online and digital communication and be responsible for our day-to-day marketing and communication requirements.
Terms & Conditions
Salary: £21,000 pro-rata.
Employer pension contributions.
25 days leave per annum plus public holidays, pro-rated to hours worked.
We are seeking an independent, motivated and practical self-starter. We are small, but extremely ambitious and we work at a fast pace. We are looking for the right candidate to support our growing work with employers.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading on the marketing, co-ordination and delivery of our employer events
• Managing the day-to-day communications, including with employers, stakeholders and media
• Leading on social media and digital communication
• Managing contact databases
As well as managing specific areas of work, you will also provide a high level of support to the FFWS Directors.
• Lead on event co-ordination for our annual Employer Awards and FlexFest
• Lead on event co-ordination for our four business-to-business employer events
• Support the delivery of our other employer workshops, seminars and events
• Manage and update event budgets
• Lead the marketing and promotion of all FFWS employer events
• Liaise with the Working Families marketing team on planning and scheduling e-mail marketing activities
• Manage the FFWS website, including sourcing, writing and adding new content
• Manage FFWS social media platforms, ensuring there is regular and relevant content and develop strategies to increase social media reach and impact.
• Lead on the production of FFWS materials and resources
• Create a pipeline of contacts for FFWS including award entrants and event attendees
• Work with the Working Families data lead to ensure contact databases are streamlined and updated and to find solutions that enhance existing systems.
• Provide reports on digital communication activities
• Manage our day-to-day digital presence, suitable for an employer audience
• Support the delivery of the PR and communications plan
• Identify and create PR opportunities for FFWS, draft press releases and support the FFWS Directors to secure media coverage.
• Project-manage the production of multi-media content, including films, to convey key messages.
• Act as the first point of contact for enquiries to FFWS.
• Ensure project plans and work schedules are kept up to date.
• Organise internal and external stakeholder meetings
• Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed by the FFWS Programme Director or CEO
- 1-2 years events experience with a strong ability in digital communication
- Relevant degree or college qualification is desirable but not required. Events experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes and Abilities
- Excellent organisational skills and experience in planning and co-ordinating events.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, and specifically the ability to produce compelling and creative copy for marketing materials.
- Strong digital and online communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain records accurately
- Experience of managing content management systems and databases
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to deadlines.
- Understanding the need for excellent customer care and relations.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the objectives and values of FFWS
- Understanding of GDPR and data protection regulations
- Trustworthy, patient and a good relationship builder.
- Team player able to work collaboratively in small team environment.
- Pro-active and solutions focused with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Sense of humour and even-tempered.
- Flexible and able/ willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends as required by the role.
Please complete the job application form along with the Equalities form which you can find here - and return it to:
The closing date for the role is Tuesday 6th August 5pm
Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Monday 12th August