Four Day Weeks
The Eventa Group
Job type: Part time, 4 days a week
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven individual to join an award- winning provider of brilliant group experiences. The role sits across our four brands, The Stag Company, Hen Heaven, Eventa Entertainment and Fizzbox.
Through The Stag Company and Hen Heaven, we organise fantastic activity and accommodation packages across the UK and Europe for groups. Eventa Entertainment is our corporate venue listing service, offering a wide range of shared and exclusive events at the best venues across the UK. Fizzbox is our one-stop online party shop, connecting people with daytime and evening activities across the UK and Europe via our unique technology platform, which can be used to enquire, book and pay for events direct from any device.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our small Finance team at our central Brighton office, where we’ve created a fast-paced but relaxed working environment.
This is a key strategic role within the business structure, responsible for the Finance function with a focus on identifying and optimising net profit opportunities and contributing to the continued success of the Company in line with the organisation’s targets. The Finance Manager is responsible for being fully aware of business and departmental objectives and maximising the Company’s profitability.
The role is part time maternity cover, working four days a week.
Working closely with the Managing Director & CEO, the Finance Manager’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee the Company’s Finance Strategy and Annual Finance Plan in conjunction with the Directors.
- Track business performance, conduct analysis of trends and developments and monitor the Company’s gross margin position.
- Produce accurate and reliable reporting (monthly, quarterly and annually) together with the monthly management accounts to strict deadlines plus quarterly forecasting to the MD
- Accountable for all finance activities (including cash posting and allocation, new accounts, housekeeping, query resolution, account reconciliations, department expenditure)
- Responsible for ensuring all financial procedures and practices are up to date in line with current legislation.
- Coordinate and produce monthly payroll detail to be handed over to outsourced payroll processes
- Manage and develop a team of two
- Liaise with other Managers to ensure they are fully informed of finance objectives, purposes and achievements
- Undertake any related ad hoc tasks as requested by the Directors
Why work for us?
- We strive to be creative in our approach to engagement and motivation, so that we can cultivate an environment of support, appreciation and feedback
- We have a modern benefits package in place and new members to our Social Hub and Employee Engagement Team are always welcome. We understand that juggling priorities is difficult, so aim to offer flexibility and autonomy wherever possible
- There are solid working relationships and a strong teamwork ethic across the company, which has an ongoing positive effect on business success and helps to bring a little extra magic to our working environment!
Experience: Business analysis and presenting MI
For this maternity cover you will need:
- An exceptionally high level of data analysis, numeracy and literacy
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- To show passion, drive and ambition
Does this sound like you? We are looking for someone to start at the beginning of November, so apply today!
Please send your CV and covering letter to