30 – 40k
Four Day Weeks
Salary: £30,000 - 40,000 pro-rata depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Location: King’s Cross, N1
The main responsibility of this role is to manage the everyday finances of the business, reporting to the external accountants monthly. Business acumen, problem solving and communication skills are key to the success of the role. The role is essential to the smooth running and continued expansion of our vibrant and growing creative company.
• Invoicing of fees and project expenses to clients.
• Payment and management of the purchase ledger, including coding invoices and entering of job expenses to Xero.
• Liaising with external accountant on a monthly basis regarding operation of staff payroll. Checking deductions and authorisation and monitoring of staff holidays. Payment of wages to staff on a monthly basis.
• Preparing documentation for management accounts, forwarding of bank statements and supplier invoices and staff expenses to external accountant.
• Managing finance spreadsheets, e.g. monthly targets, debtors etc.
• Logging staff’s and projects’ expenses.
• Logging of weekly staff timesheets, and ensuring compliance
• Chasing debtors and reporting to the management weekly.
• Keeping track of and liaising with producers on monthly targets.
• Review of job profitability and margins, reporting variances to budget to management. Advice to management on improvements to productivity and pricing.
• Monitoring of company cash flow and preparation of 6 month rolling cash forecast.
• Preparing, reviewing and submission of source documents to external accountant for preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
• Recording and payment of petty cash expenses.
• A recognised accountancy qualification either AAT Level 3 – 4 or Part qualified ACCA
• Able to work independently and as a team member
• A lively, friendly individual with outstanding attention to detail
•At least 2 -3 years of experience to working Quickbooks or Sage line 50. Also having a working knowledge of Xero
• Experience with project management softwares, for example: Workflowmax, Apptivo, Paprika.
Creative environment, exciting learning and development programme, health insurance, flexible hours negotiable.
Based in London, and trusted around the world, Scriberia empowers our clients in the age of visual communication. Through animation, illustration, scribing, graphic facilitation and storytelling, our award-winning team offers a fast, flexible, creative service. With the power of pictures, we enable organisations of all shapes and sizes to define and share ideas, tell stories, align teams and engage new audiences.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter with ‘Finance Manager - Your Full Name’ in the subject line via the apply button below.