Front End Developer
Four Day Weeks
Lab is an award-winning digital agency committed to creating A Better Experience™ for our clients, for their customers and for each other. With offices in London and South Africa, Lab is able to meet the needs of clients across the globe. The South African branch of Lab works closely with the British headquarters and supports them in creating ground breaking digital experiences. Lab specialises in digital services across strategy, consultancy, design, development and neuromarketing - putting human understanding and elegant communication at the heart of what we do. Lab’s work with top brands, including The Guardian, Sage Pay and Reed Learning has earned the agency numerous national awards and recognition as one of the top independent digital agencies in the country.
What do we value?
● Humanity: We value humanity above all else.
● Courage: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.” - Henry Ford
● Resourcefulness: Humans got to the moon with the computing power of a digital watch.
● Reciprocity: To be truly successful we give first and are open to receiving.
● Growth: Personal development, growing our clients and growth of the agency.
Front End Developer
We like to do things a bit differently at Lab. We’re on an exciting mission to create a new human approach to digital, involving award-winning creativity, technology and strategy that shapes businesses for the better.
We want to be the most human-savvy digital agency in the world.
Interested in being part of our journey? We’re currently looking for a front end developer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about mentoring others and innovative in their approach. If you thrive in contributing to multiple projects and have the attitude of lifelong learning, then this could be the role for you!
We are looking for a dynamic Front-end Developer. You will work on a diverse set of unique and challenging projects that allow users to seamlessly interact with technology.
● Work on the full life cycle development of time sensitive projects.
● Recommend appropriate technologies to implement new features.
● Develop code libraries that can be used for multiple projects.
● Review code, layout, and design for projects before client meetings.
● Build, deliver, and iterate to help scale projects.
● Contribute to a team of back-end developers, designers, project managers, and sales representatives.
● Create new methods for improving efficiency.
● Familiarity with new frameworks and prototyping tools.
● Ability to translate mockups into seamless web pages with perfect visual and functional elements.
● Experience working with CMS solutions
● Ability to find solutions to the new challenges daily.
● Experience in building large and modular codebases.
● Strong understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to interface with them.
● Experience in any or all of the following: Bootstrap, Material, VueJS, Angular, React, jQuery, D3
● Experience with Back-End Development is a plus.
● Excellent verbal and written communication
● STRONG preference for experience working at digital agencies
You jump in with both feet. You’re courageous. You ask questions and communicate what you think.
For you, it’s not about resources, it’s about resourcefulness. You have the initiative, energy and drive to make things happen.
You have a client first mentality, but you’re also focused on looking out for your teammates and helping to make the agency a better place.
You’re obsessive about all aspects of design, fixated on the smaller details as well as the bigger picture of your work, and are ambitious and driven.
Perks of the job: four great reasons to join Lab
● Amazing training opportunities
We always encourage our team to sharpen the saw, and actively support them in doing so. Want to become a certified NLP practitioner? Our in-house and external training schemes offer valuable opportunities to all members of staff, regardless of your role or location. Our priority is always to help colleagues to find new and innovative ways of thinking - and, of course, we also offer fresh and relevant training in all disciplines to ensure that our team remain constantly on top of their games.
● Birthday bonus
All Lab employees get an extra day's holiday on their birthday - a perk fit for the Queen! We also offer a flexible approach when it comes to holiday allowances for the UK team. Want to buy some more, or sell some back? That's absolutely fine - we do all we can to ensure that our team is relaxed, happy and well-travelled.
● Social butterflies
Lab's location in the centre of Soho is a fantastic base for an active and social team. We operate a Lab Cinema Club, laying on tickets for group outings to see favourite films. The team in South Africa regularly participate in group events - from bowling to climbing Table Mountain. We also operate inter-office exchange programmes, meaning that opportunities may arise to travel and collaborate with colleagues on-site in our offices in London and Cape Town.
● Plus all the usual stuff....
If you fancy yourself as a pub games expert, you might stand a chance in our in-house pool, darts or table-tennis tournaments. Beyond these, Lab also offer private health insurance to all permanent UK-based employees, as well as access to a huge range of special offers through Perkbox, and a wide range of other benefits.
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.