Full Stack Software Developer
40 – 50k GBP
Four Day Weeks
EveryBuddy Ltd, a fast-growing global leader in school and club management software, has an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join the team based in a lovely manor house in Angmering, West Sussex (near Littlehampton, and 5 miles west of Worthing). As a company that understands the importance of work-life balance and the taxing nature of a software development role, the option of a 4 day working week is available.
SchoolsBuddy is now used in over 40 countries by some of the world's leading school names. Our customer base is growing rapidly but exceptional growth in the Middle East, Asia and in particular China. Our unique product with multiple integrated modules includes payments, bookings, extra curricular management, sports team management, parent communication and more.
We are currently a small team but recruiting actively as we continue to grow. We have a unique option for a 4 day week option, as well as full time.
About the role:
The Full Stack Developer will work within a small and friendly SCRUM team working collaboratively to deliver robust, secure and scalable software.
You will enhance EveryBuddy's web application products (SchoolsBuddy, ClubsBuddy, Status365) by adding new roadmap features, improving legacy code and reducing technical debt to deliver a world class product to our end users.
Your role will be full stack so you will be expected to develop the application from database structure through to business logic and UI.
What’s in it for you?
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum, based on experience, pro rata for 4 days per week option
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- NEST pension as standard
- Flexible working hours and a 37.5 hour working week
- Unique opportunity to improve your work-life balance as we do offer our development team a 4 day week working option, enabling you to enjoy long weekends all year around
- A great opportunity to ‘get in early’ with an advanced startup company that is growing at over 300% per year
- Additional benefits will be added as the company grows.
What you will do:
- Full stack software development using the technologies mentioned below
- Responsibility for providing accurate estimates
- Providing regular progress updates, communicating problems or better ways of delivering requirements throughout the development
- Creating technical documentation
- Taking part in release and deployment activities
- Contributing to the continuous improvement process.
- Taking responsibility and ownership of the software architecture
- C#,ASP.NET / MVC
- Web API
- JSON and RESTful services
- Confident with basic cross-browser & responsive HTML and CSS frameworks (Bootstrap or similar)
- Unit Test frameworks – MSTest / NUnit
- SQL Server/Relational database design
- Entity Framework
- Understanding of SOLID principals and IoC
- Azure cloud computing environment including web job exposure would be advantageous
- Agile experience a bonus
- Have used some of the following supporting tools: Jira / Confluence / Github / TeamCity (Or Octopus) / CI Tooling / Mobile Dev
- Experience with SSO
- Experience with integrating with other systems via API interfaces
We are a forward thinking company that likes to deliver new features and is passionate about keeping ahead of the competition. Every day is different and you will be challenged to think creatively and innovate within a multi-disciplined team of talented people. We're a great bunch of people to work with, seriously committed to doing the best work we can and we really value innovation and creativity.
Make a real difference.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Full Stack Developer, Web Development, Full Stack Web Developer, may also be considered for this role.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via the apply button below.