20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
The Food Chain
(Trusts and Individuals)
4 days per week
£26,000 pa pro rata
Fixed term for 12 months
We need an excellent Fundraiser who knows how to the make the most of new opportunities.
Working alongside the CEO and Community & Events Fundraising Co-ordinator you will play a key role in increasing our income from charitable trusts, individual donors and corporate supporters.
You will already have a successful track record in securing income from charitable trusts.
We are a small charity and are looking for someone who is a team player with a flexible outlook to get the job done.
• The role supports the CEO in securing income to ensure the delivery of The Food Chain’s services, with a primary emphasis on Charitable Trusts
• Research, prepare and submit applications for core and project funding to Charitable Trusts and Foundations as required to meet the charity’s core purpose
• Maintain and develop positive relationships with existing Trust funders and other supporters of The Food Chain as appropriate
• Ensure that record keeping relating to Charitable Trust fundraising is accurate, up to date and timely, using Salesforce CRM
• Ensure that all necessary reporting to Charitable Trusts is of a high quality and submitted in a timely manner.
• Maintain a realistic pipeline of existing and potential Trust applications in discussion with the CEO
• Undertake research as required into potential new funders and campaigns
• Develop and implement fundraising initiatives to increase support from, and enhance our profile with other potential donors, including corporate partners and individuals
• Sustain effective communication with potential donors and other stakeholders and increase opportunities for giving.
• Ensure timely acknowledgement of income to all donors and accurate and comprehensive donor and income records on the Salesforce CRM.
• Understand the organisational budget, to identify gaps in funding and opportunities for fundraising.
• Actively participate in team meetings and support the work of colleagues as appropriate
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies
• A minimum of 2 years recent experience of successfully securing income from charitable trusts
• Experience of working with corporate supporters or individual donors
• Experience of preparing budgets for fundraising purposes
• Experience of creating and sustaining positive relationships with a diverse range of supporters and donors
Awareness of some of the issues faced by people living with HIV in the UK and the ability to explain this to others
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• The ability to effectively represent the organisation and communicate with a range of stakeholders
• The ability to occasionally work outside ‘normal’ office hours including some weekend work for which time off in lieu will be available.
• A high level of IT competence and experience of databases
• The ability to prioritise work and engage collaboratively
• Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work as part of a team
To apply, please send your CV and a written supporting statement clearly demonstrating how you meet the person specification for the role.
Applications may be emailed to
The deadline for applications is 23:30 on 5th January 2020
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 13th January 2020