Four Day Weeks
Contract: Full-time, Part-time
About the Business
Lo-Dough is one of the most exciting food tech startups in Greater Manchester.
Since our launch in 2017, we have grown to over 30 members of staff and over 130,000 customers and continue to rapidly grow as more people hear about our revolutionary product.
We’re changing the world of dietary health in an exciting, delicious and disruptive way.
We predominantly sell direct to consumer and as a result, have a huge requirement for digital assets as well as print and packaging designs to drive our growth onwards.
Slimmers, athletes, healthy eating enthusiasts, nutritionists, dieticians, and celebrities are all using Lo-Dough to help make their mealtimes delicious without impacting their health goals or dietary requirements.
About the Role
You'll be taking over from one of the co-founders in creating the majority of our graphic output. You'll work closely with the marketing, social and e-commerce team as a whole. You will take pride in building a world-class customer-centric brand image that matches our innovative and game-changing company values.
A creative and proactive team player, you will relish developing our brand image and marketing content to help us build a globally recognised company across multiple formats including print, web & motion graphics.
This is a genuinely fun, creative and fast-paced role, being part of a successful food tech start-up. If you enjoy working in a small, dynamic and fast-paced team environment and are an excellent designer with a sharp, creative eye to help support the design needs of our brand, then this job is for you.
- Flawless attention to detail and design delivery
- Communicate and develop the brand vision
- Meet deadlines
- Work within budget
- Project manage workload
- Strong collaboration and team support
- Innovative, user-centric, information and visual design recommendations
Goals and Objectives:
Build a world-class food brand image through web, packaging, and marketing material.
Develop conceptual visual ideas and execute against them to create innovative design solutions in a highly collaborative environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Visual content creation - Support the marketing team with timely content creation in line with the content calendar and marketing requirements.
- Print management - Liaising with internal teams and external suppliers, to produce materials in a timely manner, and ensuring that all print deadlines are met.
- Asset management - Organise and maintain brand asset libraries.
- Supplier relations - Build strong relationships with relevant print suppliers and keep print requirements within budget.
- Web images - Developing and updating imagery for the brand’s website.
- Team player - Support the marketing team with an agile mindset and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Skills and Requirements:
- Successful candidates will have ideally 3+ years of design experience. Ideally with the food industry or in branded consumer products. (Experience may be in-house, freelance or via marketing/advertising agency).
- Great understanding of packaging design and artwork but also a talent for branding and digital design as well.
- Adobe CC (including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Acrobat).
- Strong interest or understanding of the diet, health, and fitness industries.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, “willing” demeanour (you come from a place of yes), you’re a person of the utmost integrity, professionalism and judgement.
- Experience and interest in motion design preferred but not essential.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via the apply button below.