20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Pets At Home
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (pro rata) (£20,000.00 - £25,000.00)
Location: Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3RN, GB
Hours: 4 Days/32 Hours
Temp until June 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 300 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer.
To provide colleague relations support to our Stores and our Support Office, ensuring that an excellent level of service is provided through the delivery of people processes and legislation compliance.
Working in the People Direct Team and dealing with high volume cases which range in complexity, this position requires someone with an excellent knowledge of colleague relations issues. Supporting Managers with the practical resolution of colleague relation cases including grievances, disciplinary, performance management, absence, capability, sickness, ensuring employment decisions are made in accordance with legal requirements and good employment practice.
Persuade and influence managers to pursue courses of action in relation to people issues which are in accordance with good employment practice, have regard to the needs of the organisation and the colleague concerned which minimise colleague relations difficulties.
Key Relationships: People Business Partners, People Advisors, People Assistant, Area Managers and Store Managers.
The key responsibilities:
* To provide excellent People advice and guidance on company procedures to area management, store management and colleagues.
* Ensuring that the Colleague Relations log and system is kept up-to-date.
* Producing all disciplinary, grievance and appeal correspondence, including invites and outcome letters.
* On occasions you will participate in grievance/disciplinary hearings.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of people policies and procedures.
* Implementing value-adding people disciplines, templates and processes to support business needs.
* Answer the telephone and deal with ad-hoc queries.
* Responding to high volume queries and case management.
* Advise on all people related matters including but not limited to disciplinary, grievance and long term sick.
* Managing flexible working requests.
* To maintain and promote relationships with the wider HR colleagues and teams.
* Stakeholder management.
* Ensure up to date knowledge of employment law and legislation
* It is essential to have previous experience within a HR role and whilst HR experience within a retail business would be really beneficial for this role it is not essential.
* You will have a good understanding of HR processes and procedures.
* Good questioning and listening skills are vital for this role.
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer handling/people skills
* You will have excellent organisation and planning skills which will allow you to manage your own workload.
* You will be PC literate.
* You will have a high attention to detail
* Strong team player with the ability to work independently
* Up to £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
* 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.