Four Day Weeks
Job Type: 4 days per week (30 hours per week) Mon to Thurs. Other working patterns will be considered.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience.
Location: The role is home based with a regular meetings to clients and an internal weekly meeting in our Feltham or Richmond locations.
Fitzgerald HR are seeking a HR Consultant to deliver a high quality and professional generalist HR service to our clients, providing expert HR advice and guidance whilst using excellent interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships to strengthen and grow existing accounts.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to competently and efficiently handle the full breadth of HR issues including employee relations, resourcing, organisation development, training, pay and benefits, performance management, people management and business change.
With a commercial approach to your work, you will visit clients on site where required to support with a variety of HR related meetings including disciplinary/grievance investigations and hearings, recruitment interviews, return to work interviews and redundancy consultations. With support from the team and the resources available, you will produce accurate and compliant documentation in relation to all aspects of the employee life cycle in addition to drafting and implementing policies in line with current legislation.
As a Company we provide a full range of comprehensive HR services to companies across the UK. From our offices in Devon, Somerset and London, our HR consultancy is made up of an experienced team of HR consultants providing a range of specialisms to a wide variety of sectors, businesses and organisations. This year we’ll have been in business for 10 years and we have exciting growth plans for the future.
You will be CIPD qualified to at least level 5 and have experience of operating as a HR advisor and/or manager or generalist with proven experience of advising management on a wide range of HR issues. As well as having experience of advising or chairing formal HR meetings such as disciplinaries and capability meetings, you will also be experienced in drafting formal and informal letters and investigation reports.
With excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to adapt your style to suit a variety of clients, you will have the ability to influence and manage key stakeholders enabling you to build and develop lasting relationships with our clients.
A full clean UK driving licence is a must as is a willingness to travel throughout London, the South East and occasionally elsewhere in the UK. You will be comfortable in using a range of IT systems and proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Experience of working within a client services environment or a consultancy role would be advantageous but is not essential.
1. Work with clients and the internal team to competently and efficiently handle a range of HR projects and issues (employee relations, resourcing, organisation development, training, pay and benefits, performance management, people management, business change).
2. Partner with our clients, taking ownership of their HR issues and initiatives, and work to resolve these using the support of the team and resources available to you to ensure you achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
3. Answer telephone calls and emails, providing timely, commercial and compliant advice to ensure clients receive an excellent service.
4. Visit clients on site when required to effectively and efficiently handle a range of HR projects and issues (disciplinary/grievance investigations and hearings, recruitment interviews, return to work interviews, redundancy consultation etc.).
5. Produce letters and documentation to support the employee life cycle (offer letters, employment contracts, job descriptions, meeting notes, employee letters etc.) for our clients to ensure their HR processes run smoothly and efficiently.
6. Draft and maintain client employee handbooks and policies to ensure they are up to date with current employment legislation and internal changes.
7. Develop an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ businesses whilst building and maintaining strong client relationships to strengthen and grow existing accounts.
8. Act as an effective ambassador for Fitzgerald HR in our business and stakeholder communities to continuously raise awareness about our company’s products and offering.
9. Work within the company’s established administrative systems to ensure operations run smoothly.
10. Take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities as the changing needs of the business require.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Evidence of solid experience operating at HR advisor/manager/generalist level.
• Evidence of experience advising managers and employees on a wide range of HR issues.
• Strong consulting, communication and influencing skills, including confidence in managing key stakeholders.
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Knowledgeable about how organisations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organisations.
Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/her business and organisation; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity and Trust
Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Spends his/her and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
In return we offer:
-A competitive salary package (£35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience) pro rata;
-29 days’ holiday per year (plus bank holidays) pro rata;
-Opportunities for training and progression;
-Employer contributions of 3% towards a workplace pension scheme;
-Business laptop and mobile phone;
-Childcare voucher scheme;
-And the opportunity to be part of a progressive and expanding business.
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.