10 – 20k GBP
Six Hour Days
Location: 446 Fulham Road, London, but may occasionally be required to make visits to other Stoll owned or managed properties.
Salary: £17,907 pro rata (based on a full time salary of £25,071
Responsible to: Director of Corporate Services
Closing Date: Midnight, 26th May
Hours: 25 hours, split across 5 days, with an hour’s unpaid lunch
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 6th June 2019
Stoll is the lead provider of housing and support services in the Veterans sector. Founded in 1916, Stoll has provided a sanctuary to help Veterans rebuild their lives for over 100 years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Officer within our small busy Corporate Services team.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in an administrative role in a customer service environment, ideally in HR. You will be able to work independently, demonstrate excellent organisational skills and manage your time flexibly.
As a key team player you have strong interpersonal skills, enabling and supporting a staff team of 48. You will be an experienced IT user excelling in office applications and maintaining databases.
- To support the HR function of the organisation
- To support the administration of the organisation through the Corporate Services department
To support the HR function of the organisation
- To provide adminstrative support to the recruitment and selection process, including advertising, interviews and induction.
- To ensure that all of Stoll’s HR records, administration and monitoring activity is up- to-date and provide statistics and reports upon request.
- To maintain Stoll’s HR database in line with data management procedures
- To maintain staff annual leave and absence records ensuring monitoring is up to date and provide statistics and reports on request
- To coordinate all staff induction and leaving activities. Ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed to deadline.
- To maintain all staff communications both electronic and manual..
- To oversee an organisation-wide approach to training, including the delivery of all core competency.
- To coordinate and support training and development activities for all staff, internally, online and with external training bodies as required.
- To organise staff team events and social activities.
- Administrate the staff section on the Stoll SharePoint Site.
- Maintain records of complaints, providing regular reports on Complaints to the Senior Management Team.
- To act as office First Aider and Fire Warden.
- To cover reception during lunch hours and in the absence of the Receptionist
- To support the operations of the wider Corporate Services Department as and when required.
- To ‘muck in’ as part of the team to help run, open days, conferences and other public events.
Working in a team and with others
- Assist the Director of Corporate Services and Chief Executive in setting up Away Days, all staff meetings and team meetings.
- Contribute positively to working in a team and across Stoll to deliver quality services to tenants/residents
- Maximise own personal development by positively contributing to induction, supervision, training, appraisal and team meetings
- Act in a professional manner while on duty and when representing Stoll
Quality and regulatory compliance
- Continuously look to improve the quality of services responding positively to feedback and complaints
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information relating to tenants and staff in accordance with Stoll’s Privacy Policies.
- Ensure all data is controlled and processed in line with Stoll’s Data Protection Policy
Health and Safety
- Work in accordance with Stoll Health and Safety Policy and legislative requirements report any accidents or potential accidents and near misses
- Support the Director of Corporate Services to ensure that all Stoll’s operations are healthy and safe and that we conform to best practice at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Chief Executive or Director of Corporate Services
Experience of working in an administrative role in a pressurised environment
Experience/Ability to deliver excellent customer service
Experience/Ability to work independently as well as in a diverse team
Experience/Ability to be flexible and juggle different tasks coupled with highly developed planning skills
Skills and Knowledge
High level organisational skills to handle varying administrative tasks effectively
Highly IT literate, with previous knowledge of databases and project management systems
Demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage own workload to deadline and achieve objectives set
Demonstrable high attention to detail
Demonstrable excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A relevant Level 3 qualification e.g. NVQ3 in Administration, or one or more relevant GNVQs or A levels, or equivalent post-16 qualification(s)
An understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and ethos of Stoll
- A passion to support vulnerable Veterans
- Understands the challenges faced by ex-Service men and women
- Provides excellent service delivery to both internal and external customers, responding promptly and effectively at all times
- Communicates information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of audiences both formal and informal
- Informs colleagues of successes, challenges and developments
- Works well with Colleagues, Trustees, Residents and external stakeholders
- Applies the spirit of “mucking in”, helping colleagues when needed
Support of Equality and Diversity
- Treats all people with respect
- Upholds Stoll’s equality and diversity standards and promotes individuality, equality and community at all times
Delivers a High Quality of Work
- Produces accurate, thorough, and professional work
- Plans and manages own work load, working flexibly to meet changing work priorities and demands
- Maintains excellent timekeeping standards, managing appointments and meetings effectively and planning well in advance
- Delivers tasks set through planning and supervision
- Takes responsibility for own work, including errors
- Utilises Stoll IT systems to manage emails, calendars and data effectively
Commitment to Health & Safety
- Understands how to work safely
- Understands how to respond to a safeguarding incident and reacts accordingly
- Manages their own health and wellbeing, recognising when to ask for extra support
Stoll Staff Benefits
Stoll is committed to rewarding its excellent staff team in the best way possible and so offers the following benefits:
Available from your first day of employment:
- Free Perk-box membership, providing access to various discounts and freebies, from entertainment to wellbeing to education.
- Birthday half day off! – offering every employee a half day off during the week of their birthday to celebrate, in addition to their Annual Leave entitlement.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme – a tax-efficient way of paying for childcare available through salary exchange.
- Team-building Events – staff social activities and structured team-building events enabling teams to work together and have some fun!
- End of Year Celebrations – offering every employee an end of year celebration, to enjoy time together.
- Learning and Development – we offer a huge range of learning and development opportunities for staff at all levels of the organisation including skills and management development training, e-learning and secondments.
- London Living Wage – Stoll are proud to pay the London Living Wage – this is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually, that employers voluntarily choose to pay.
- Annual Leave – a minimum of five weeks’ annual leave (pro-rata for part time employees) plus statutory days (your annual leave entitlement increases with your length of service to a maximum of six weeks).
- Free Tea, Coffee and Water – offering every employee refreshments at work.
- Chair’s Commendation – every year the Chair of Trustees rewards a member of staff for performing beyond the call of duty. Staff can be nominated by their peers.
After successful completion of probation:
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan – provided by Bupa, this scheme financially reimburses you for treatment costs (up to an annual limit) for everyday healthcare needs including dental and chiropractic treatments, physiotherapy and health screenings.
- Anytime Health Line – offering 24-hour access to health information and guidance on almost any health-related issue, ranging from symptom advice and travel vaccinations to first aid queries and lifestyle changes.
- Pension – the Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS) is available to all employees via salary exchange. Following successful completion of the Probationary Period Stoll will match contributions up to 9% of the salary.
- Professional Qualification Sponsorship and Study Leave – offering staff the opportunity to apply for financial sponsorship and/or study leave to use towards professional qualifications or courses relevant to their current role or future ambitions.
- Ride to Work Scheme – providing loans for bicycles and cycling equipment through our retail partner as a tax and National Insurance free benefit through salary exchange.
- Season Ticket Loans – staff can access an interest-free loan if they travel to and from work by public transport, paid back over 10 monthly instalments.
- Flexible Working – allowing qualifying employees to adopt a working pattern which facilitates a better work/life balance and allow for the care of dependents.
If you would like to work for us and have the skills needed for this role then we would like to hear from
you. To apply for this role please complete the Application Form along with the Equality and Diversity
Form which you can find here - and email both to [email protected]