Individual Giving Executive
20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Job Title: Individual Giving Executive, Acquisition
Reports To: Individual Giving Manager, Acquisition
Directorate: Global Fundraising
Location: Haywards Heath
Direct Reports: N/A
Salary: £29k – £33k pro rata
Contract: Part time (3 – 4 days a week, negotiable)
Sightsavers has an opportunity for an Individual Giving Executive to work in the Acquisition team on a 12 month FTC as part of the Global Individual Giving team, which is responsible for recruiting new supporters via various forms of media and further developing them to maximise the lifetime value to the charity.
This role is vital to the Global Individual Giving team as it will be responsible for helping deliver direct marketing across the UK, Sweden and Norway. The Individual Giving Executive will also ensure delivery of effective campaigns that maximise supporter engagement and long-term income growth for Sightsavers.
As the ideal candidate, you will have substantial experience in Fundraising or Direct Marketing within the NGO sector, including proven experience in devising and implementing successful direct marketing campaigns to mass market audiences. You will have a background in Print buying, including negotiating contracts and have proven experience of a ‘test and learn’ approach to DM campaigns with previous work in a global marketing environment would be desirable.
It would also be preferable (but not essential) if you have experience managing direct response TV advertising (DRTV) campaigns.
Sightsavers’ vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
We have around 350 staff worldwide, with our head office based in Haywards Heath. The Global Fundraising team is responsible for raising around £30m of largely unrestricted income.
The Individual Giving team is responsible for recruiting new supporters via printed, broadcast and digital media. Relationships with these supporters are then developed so as to maximise lifetime value to the charity, predominantly by generating ongoing cash donations, regular gifts, and legacy pledges.
Sightsavers has Individual Giving programmes in Italy, Sweden, Norway, UK, Ireland and India. India and Ireland are managed independently from head office although close collaboration between teams is needed.
The Direct Marketing team will sit alongside Fundraising Services, Digital Fundraising and Analysis, within the Individual Giving Directorate.
1) Job Purpose
This role is a crucial role within the Global Individual Giving team, and is responsible for helping to deliver excellent direct marketing across the UK, Sweden and Norway. The post holder will be responsible for delivery of effective campaigns that maximise supporter recruitment and long-term income growth for Sightsavers. They will plan, develop, implement and evaluate allocated projects to meet the objectives of the overall programme.
2) Main Responsibilities
1. To implement direct marketing campaigns across an integrated programme of supporter recruitment across the UK, Sweden and Norway, focusing on the people and methods that will be of the greatest long-term benefit. Overall you will aim to maximise short, medium and long-term net income streams from Individual Givers.
2. To be directly responsible for effectively briefing and managing your direct marketing campaigns, across multiple countries, recruitment channels include, but are not limited to, DRTV, Inserts and Cold Direct Mail.
3. To liaise with fundraising services, digital fundraising and fundraising analysis to brief campaigns integrate digital elements and analyse the results of your campaigns.
4. To manage individual campaign budgets – both expenditure and income targets.
5. To take responsibility for ensuring that all supporter communications are consistent with the Sightsavers brand and messaging.
6. Manage and hold external suppliers to account against contracts and SLAs.
7. The post requires excellent communication skills, as the post-holder will need to liaise regularly with internal departments and external agencies and suppliers.
8. Continually evaluate activity and produce detailed end of campaign reports, and ensure key learnings and insight is fed into planning of future activity as appropriate. Ensure results are shared across teams.
9. To take an active part in the annual planning cycle and quarterly reforecasting, and to be accountable for individual campaign performance.
3) Key Contact/Relationships
1. Digital Fundraising, Fundraising Services and Fundraising Analysis (within IG)
2. Major Giving Directorate
3. Norway, Sweden, Ireland and Italy Fundraising Teams
4. Finance Teams
5. External suppliers
4) Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Substantial experience in Fundraising or Direct Marketing including proven experience in devising and implementing successful direct marketing campaigns to mass market audiences
2. Managing DRTV campaigns, creating direct response adverts and managing relationships with creative and media buying agencies
3. Print buying – including negotiating contracts, strong knowledge of production techniques, formats and quality control
4. Telemarketing – including scripting, volume prediction and ROI projections
5. Contract/price negotiation - Negotiating one-off and annual contracts. Assessing risk and the level of contract required in each case
6. Proven experience of a ‘test and learn’ approach to DM campaigns
7. Experience of working in a global marketing environment would be desirable
8. Proven experience of devising and monitoring relevant performance indicators for fundraising campaigns
9. Testing segmentation – good understanding of the application of various analytical techniques
10. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
11. Proven project management and planning skills
12. A good understanding of legislation related to direct marketing/data protection issues
13. An ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure deadlines are met
14. A professional and accountable approach to all areas of work with the desire and commitment to continuously improve
15. A positive and flexible approach
16. An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
To apply for this role by email, please download the application form and equal opportunities form, which you can find here - and return as two separate documents to