Member Support Executive
Four Day Weeks
The Bike Club
Member Support Executive (Customer Communications)
Starting salary: £19-24k per annum + (16%) bonus paid quarterly
Location: Borough, London Bridge
Contract type: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Permanent
This position would be perfect for an outgoing, enthusiastic and personable individual looking for an entry-level office-based role with the chance to progress rapidly within a fast-growing Fintech company.
We’re after someone bright, energetic and ready to work in an unconventional business. As you will quickly learn, start-ups are not the most straightforward place to work – but they are a lot of fun and highly rewarding.
A typical day:
You’ll be speaking to our members via Live Chat, Social Media, Email and Telephone answering their queries on exchange, payments and mechanical queries. You’ll also be speaking to prospective members, helping guide them to the right bike for their child, understand the Bike Club and answer any other questions they might have. You’ll be energetic and friendly in nature and fit in well with our small, but growing team.
As you become comfortable with your day-to-day role you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in other areas of the business including; product, member experience, operations, supply chain, reporting and project & event management. Being a small company, you have the opportunity to progress rapidly within an area that fits your skills and expertise.
Above all, you will be extremely adaptable, and keen to work in a start-up. You will also posses:
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, both written and verbally
- A good level of IT competence
- Ability to manage a busy workload
- Have a problem-solving approach and be able to use initiative to find resolutions
We offer pay monthly kids bikes, exchanged as your children grow up. Our broader mission is to become the consumer finance provider for the sharing economy. We fundamentally believe that consumerism is unsustainable and we need to live in a society where products are repairable and shareable. The founders are passionate cyclists, which is why they have started in cycling. However, we are building the best rental company for our members and soon hope to expand into other product ranges. We have exciting plans for the future of the company.
Working for the Bike Club:
As a company, we offer the following benefits:
- Quarterly bonus scheme; with the opportunity to earn an additional 16% of your yearly salary
- Unlimited working from home; whether it’s waiting for a delivery, to work from a warmer climate or just to get your head down away from the hustle and bustle
- Office perks; Roof terrace, Tuesday cake, Thursday drinks and Friday breakfast. Various in-office activities including circuits, yoga and ballet barre
- Career advancement; we’re a pretty small company, so your role and position within the company has the potential to progress as much as you wish it to
- Company loans; to help buy a season ticket, pay for a holiday or even move house
- Join a growing company; in time we’d like to offer various other benefits, including a personal training budget, convenient childcare solutions and a profit share bonus
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter answering these questions to
- What is it about the Bike Club that excites you?
- List one quality that you think you bring to the team?
- What is your greatest achievement to date?
- Tell us about a time when you've gone above and beyond to help someone out. This could be a friend, colleague, customer or even a stranger