PR Senior Account Manager
40 – 50k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Big Ideas Machine
PR Senior Account Manager / Account Director
3-4 days per week (negotiable)
Based in London Bridge (but open to flexible working)
£40-50,000 Full Time Equivalent
What’s the opportunity?
Thanks to some recent client wins we are looking for an experienced technology PR professional to take the lead on our B2B client accounts.
The candidate needs to be a real self-starter, have great client handling skills, and above all a passion for coming up with creative story ideas and PR pitches. You will work across a number of B2B clients spanning mobile apps, ad tech, crypto and blockchain, games and more. You will work alongside the agency directors on the day to day account work, as well as help to manage junior staff.
We are open to experienced applicants looking to work part-time (3-4 days) but are also happy to consider candidates who want a conventional full-time position. We can offer a high degree of flexibility over working hours and working remotely or from home if necessary.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate PR professional with proven B2B tech experience.
You’ll be well versed in delivering every aspect of PR campaigns, and will have great client-handling skills. You will work directly with John and James, the founders of Big Ideas Machine, as well as our other account managers and account executives.
You’ll be given autonomy and responsibility from day one. You will need to be a strategic thinker, confident writer, be brimming with ideas, demonstrate an ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and have an attention to detail. You’ll be able to analyse clients’ business and offer high level consultancy easily and confidently. Above all, you will be able to demonstrate solid journalist contacts and know-how to successfully pitch in a story.
The position is based near London Bridge Station with the ability to work remotely or from home for some of the time.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate
- Plenty of agency experience working with B2B tech clients - experience of working with games companies and/or the games industry a bonus
- Proven track record in implementing PR strategies across print, online and social
- Great client-handling and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrable understanding of SEO and how to use it in a PR & marketing context
- An understanding/awareness of marketing automation software and content-led marketing more generally
- Great written and verbal communication skills (excellent writing skills are essential)
- The ability to effectively manage upwards, prioritise and delegate where necessary
- The ability to network and do face-to-face business
- A creative and fun streak
- Tenacity, perseverance and a start-up mindset
- Proficient with common software tools such as Google apps for business, PPT, Keynote, etc
About Big Ideas Machine
Big Ideas Machine is a progressive B2B Tech PR agency. This means that as well as media-focused PR, we work with our clients across their marketing strategy, helping with digital marketing, content creation, events and design. It’s an approach that is being called ‘inbound PR’.
The agency was founded in 2014 by James Kaye and John Ozimek. Both James and John each have over 20 years of experience in PR and marketing in the tech and games industries and have worked with a number of big global brands in their careers.
Big Ideas Machine is a small but growing team, based a few minutes walk from London Bridge station. We work with a diverse range of clients across B2B technology and the games industry. The agency was runner up as the best boutique games PR agency in the UK by MCV in 2018 and 2019, and in 2018 we won the European Sabre award for the best B2B media relations campaign.
Why do people like working at Big Ideas Machine?
It’s about people
As a young and growing agency, we rely on an approach which is totally collaborative and built around trust, transparency and quality. We are motivated by doing interesting, fun work, and learning something new every day. We don’t expect or encourage long hours and offer flexible working to everyone on the team. Our aim is to create a diverse, supportive and creative environment with a focus on delivering work we are all proud of.
The work is challenging
We have quite a diverse range of clients - anything from blockchain and AI to advertising and Virtual Reality games. Because many of our clients are start-ups, we are often involved in a lot more than just media-facing PR. One minute we could be working on a global console launch and the next minute we could be writing an 800-word byline on ‘crunch’ or some other issue on behalf of a client.
We want our staff to develop and progress
It’s important to us that everyone at Big Ideas Machine develops a much broader set of skills than the typical PR agency worker. So in addition to core PR skills, we do a lot of hands-on learning to develop knowledge of SEO, digital marketing, web analytics and design and publishing tools. We also fund external training courses too. This approach helps your work at BIM and (as if you’d ever want to leave!) beyond.
What we can offer
- A pro-rata salary equivalent to a full-time salary of £40-50K (depending on experience and number of days per week)
- An Apple MacBook
- Annual bonus (at the discretion of the Directors and based on overall company performance)
- 20 days holiday (pro-rata). We also close the office Christmas Eve lunchtime and the first working day back after Jan 1, with this time off in addition to your holiday allowance
- Flexibility on working hours to allow for better travel options
- A flexible work from home policy / flexi-hours
- Childcare voucher scheme after completion of the probationary period
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits after 2 years of continuous employment
- Commission paid for the introduction of new staff and clients to the company
- Cycle to Work scheme after completion of the probationary period
- Company contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Individual training plan set up on induction and encouragement to attend both internal and external training courses
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter via the apply button below.