Partnerships & Relationships Manager
30 – 40k
Flexi Time Job
Strategic Partnerships and Relationships Manager
An opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing, full-service marketing agency, leading its Partnerships department. The division is focused on developing and delivering pioneering strategic relationships with cutting edge brands; driving engagement and sales for Boom’s impressive roster of live entertainment and sport clients as part integrated marketing campaigns, as well as for direct clients.
With a focus on delivering performance marketing through data analysis and creative planning, the agency has clients across outdoor events, consumer exhibitions, immersive experiences, arena shows, visitor attractions, family theatre, West End and touring musicals, racecourses and sports experiences.
The team delivers creative planning and strategies, partnerships and promotions, social media, ticketing and yield management, SEO, media planning and buying and design services and has been awarded Best New Business, featured in the Top 100 UK Start Up list and was shortlisted in the top 6 Best Small Agencies in the UK Agency Awards.
Ambitions and sales-focused, you’ll be a commercially minded self-starter, who’s as comfortable picking up the phone to a blue-chip corporate brand as you are an independent retailer or a start-up technology company; pitching the Boom Partnerships offer at just the right level.
We are looking for an experienced Partnerships, Brand Manager or Business Development Client Service candidate with strong contacts that can be brought into the agency environment working across live events, entertainment and sport. The candidate will have the experience to service accounts with clients and build strong relationships with third party brands. Candidates will also be able to demonstrate ability to pitch and secure partnership deals, encourage new relationships for the agency, plan and host events as well as support the wider account teams with campaign content ideas.
There’s a requirement to work independently to shape, present, implement and deliver the work and to have an additional focus as part of a senior team with both the departments and wider business growth in mind.
Line management for one with more as business needs require.
A creative leader with the ability to combine commercial thinking with campaign delivery. You’re a self motivated person, well connected, with the ability to network at all levels and never worry about picking up the phone or making a sale. You are passionate about seeking out and nurturing pioneering strategic partnerships in line with client’s brief. You’re on the front foot when it comes to industry trends and you’ll want Boom to be a thought leader in this space.
You know how to run a budget, and are adept at shifting gears as your workflow evolves. You’ll feel confident working autonomously, but with the full support of and in partnership with Dawn Farrow, Boom’s Founder and CEO and the wider team.
- Able to demonstrate a passion and knowledge of the entertainment and/or sports industry (although does not have to have worked within the sectors)
- An outgoing person who is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – enjoys picking up the phone and hosting events
- At least 4+ years in an agency as well as experience in relationship building, securing promotions, brand partnerships
- Has the ability to set own priorities and work in a fast paced, pressured environment whilst ensuring superb follow through
- Able to strategically lead, and run the identified part of the campaign on their own and have a proven track record of planning, implementation and delivery
- Has an understanding of latest brand opportunities nationally and regionally and able to pick up the phone and find a contact
- Able to maintain and develop relationships with key partners
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects, potential partners, suppliers, and clients as required, simultaneously
- Creatively minded with the ability to pitch new ideas and ways of working
- A candidate that is a mix of creative, analytical, organised, outgoing and driven would be good for this role.
- Management and delivery of targeted marketing, promotions, partnerships on key projects as required through all sectors
- Researching, negotiating, securing, writing proposals and presenting opportunities to clients
- Implementation, management and analysis of the promotional process across all projects (including knowledge of the legal requirements to follow)
- Creating the necessary documents including but not limited to partnership pitches, schedules, partnership agreements, sponsorship contracts and Terms & Conditions
- Developing new and existing relationships plus management of all stakeholder relationships in the delivery of the promotion/brand partnership
- Management and development of departmental systems and databases
- Participation and contribution in developing creation of new ideas for the agency
- Hosting of events, networking and general relationship management of existing and new contacts
- Management of budgets affiliated to the specific activity
- Subject to business requirements is able to manage a team and inspire them to deliver
- Acting as a brand ambassador for not only the agency but the client in all environments.
- Proficient in: Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point), Gmail, Dropbox, Social media platforms.
Salary and start date
Up to £45k per annum FTE dependent on experience.
20 days holiday, plus all public holidays (negotiable)
We're keen to find someone with the ability and experience to work flexibly (based on a minimum 30 hours per week), and emphasise that the role is client facing and the successful candidate will therefore be routinely available during key office hours, even if these are reduced.
For reference standard office hours are 9.30am to 6pm Monday to Thursday, to 5pm on Fridays.
Candidates should be in a position to start work around 1st July 2019.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter explaining in no more than 250 words why you’d be a great fit for the role, together with your current salary via the apply button below.
Deadline for applications is 10th May. Please apply as soon as possible because we reserve the right to close to applications early if we find the right candidate.