Philanthropy & Communications Assistant
10 – 20k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Philanthropy and Communications Assistant
Location: Totnes, Devon
Salary: £15,228 per year
Hours: 30 hours per week over 4 days
Closing Date; 12 noon, 10 June 2019
Interview Date; 19 June 2019
The Philanthropy Team and the Communications Team at Dartington are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to support their work to deliver a streamlined and effective supporter journey.
This is an exciting and varied new role which will have a particular focus on developing our database/CRM and supporter management and communications systems. The support we receive from donors, members, companies and grant making trusts is a critical in enabling Dartington to deliver our vision for the future.
Working across two teams this will be a vital role to oversee a range of administrative and database tasks to ensure we provide excellent supporter stewardship and care.
We believe that big ideas can make the world a better place. So our beautiful estate is home to a community of people who nurture new thinking, encourage learning and debate, and work every day to inspire one another. There are many sides to Dartington and that’s what makes our future so exciting. Come and be part of it.
DEPARTMENT: Shared role between Philanthropy Team (3 Days) & Communications Team (1 Day)
REPORTING TO: Philanthropy Manager with dotted line reporting to the Stakeholder Engagement Manager
SOME OF THE MAIN THINGS YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Working with the Philanthropy Manager and Stakeholder Engagement Manager to develop an effective CRM system to support streamlined supporter communications
• Maintaining and developing effective systems to monitor and report on Philanthropy team progress against targets
• Providing excellent stewardship for individual supporters and members, writing thank you letters and providing updates as required
• Processing cheques, donations and Direct Debit income received, recording all transactions on the supporter database
• Ensuring all fundraising awards and income and activity added to the fundraising database in a timely manner
• Managing Gift Aid records and processes, working with the Accounts team to ensure a regular claim process is carried out
• Supporting the Philanthropy and Communications teams on cultivation events, compiling mailing lists and managing RSVPs
• Supporting online giving processes to ensure a smooth donating experience, reporting on progress with online appeals
• Supporting the Communications Manager with administrative tasks including managing listings and media monitoring
• Providing general administrative support including booking meetings/scheduling diaries as required
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Experience and knowledge of database and CRM management ideally with some experience using the Spektrix Database
• Exceptional attention to detail and care over work
• An understanding and awareness of the administrative processes that underpin a successful supporter communications
• Demonstrable experience of office administration processes
• Experience of customer care in a charity or sales environment with excellent communication skills
• The ability to communicate effectively through spoken and written English
• An understanding of financial information and processes and handling financial transactions
• An analytical problem solving attitude with a desire to get the job done
• A collaborative attitude with ability to work well as part of a team
• A good understanding of the purpose, values and strategy of Dartington.
To apply for this role please send your CV or completed application form, which you can find here - to along with a Supporting Statement outlining the reason for your interest in the role and Dartington, and what you believe you could bring to the role.
This is a key element of the decision making process so please take the time to put together the Supporting Statement as without it your application is likely to be at a disadvantage.
PLEASE NOTE for this role supporting statements are essential.