20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
School for Social Entrepreneurs
Temporary Programme Administrator
Salary: Starting from £25,747 (pro rata) depending on experience.
25 days annual leave (pro rata)
Hours: 21- 35 hours per week, some flexibility available
Our normal office hours are 10-6.
Some antisocial hours may be required from time to time.
Contract: Temporary – immediate start to September 2019
Reports to: Programme Manager
Location: This role will be based at SSE’s offices in London Bridge.
About the School for Social Entrepreneurs
We can’t fix issues like poverty, climate change and ill-health alone. That’s why the School for Social Entrepreneurs exists. SSE helps 1,000 people a year develop the skills, strengths and networks they need to tackle society’s biggest problems. It runs courses that equip people to start, scale and strengthen organisations that make a positive difference. But it is not a traditional school. Learning with SSE is inspiring, action-based and accessible. SSE supports people in others ways too, such as funding and mentoring. Lord Michael Young founded SSE as a charity in 1997, and it’s grown to a network of schools across the UK, Canada and India. Together, SSE is changing lives and transforming communities.
SSE is currently delivering a UK-wide five-year learning programme in 12 UK locations with the support of Lloyds Banking Group and Big Lottery Fund, and a national learning programme for community businesses in partnership with Power to Change. SSE also has strategic partnerships with corporates such as PwC, Linklaters, RSA Group and others as well as funding partnerships with trusts and foundations including Lloyds Bank Foundation. We also generate earned income through selling places on our short courses and workshops.
SSE is a vibrant organisation; we work entrepreneurially and are committed to providing quality learning opportunities for social entrepreneurs, community businesses and social sector leaders. Working here is engaging, exciting and demanding. If you are someone who enjoys creating solutions and contributing your ideas you’ll enjoy how we work.
This role will be based within our central London offices at London Bridge. These are busy, friendly and dynamic with 35 staff based onsite.
To support SSE Programme Managers to provide effective operational support for programmes and courses run by the School for Social Entrepreneurs. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues who are managing and delivering learning programmes to ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of these.
1. Supporting student recruitment and registration including checking applications, preparing paperwork for student shortlisting, interviews and selection panels, coordinating feedback to applicants, and circulating registration documents.
2. Fielding enquiries from prospective students and addressing queries from existing students / fellows, liaising with team members as necessary.
3. Supporting programme and course planning including scheduling interviews, course dates, mentor matching evenings, action learning sets, selection panels.
4. Supporting programme logistics including venue bookings, setting up training rooms, booking lunches.
5. Circulating pre-course and programme information and reminders to students (e.g. programme plan, timetable, speaker details, location map, course date reminders).
6. Keeping a record of student attendance on the programmes, including updating the CRM database.
7. Processing student travel and expense claims.
8. Building and maintaining positive relationships with students attending SSE courses and programmes, providing a warm welcome to them and other visitors to the building.
9. Carry out other tasks that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role.
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach to work
- Organisational and project management skills, with experience of prioritising a number of concurrent projects and delivering to deadlines.
- Relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to relate to and support people at all levels and from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Written and verbal communication skills with experience of communicating at all levels internally and externally
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce, or similar database system
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience of maintaining office systems including databases, spreadsheets etc.
- Experience of co-ordinating diaries, meetings and events
- Experience of working in the third sector/ social enterprise sector. (Desirable)
- Committed to addressing inequalities and social exclusion, with a clear interest in social enterprise
- Solutions focused, entrepreneurial, resourceful and adaptable
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Highly organised, able to prioritise a varied and fast paced workload and deliver to deadlines
- A team player committed to working collaboratively to achieve results
- Flexible, adaptable and capable of responding positively to new challenges
Using the 'APPLY' button below, please send your CV and a covering letter (both of which should be no more than two sides of A4) answering the following questions:
1. What attracted you to apply for this role?
2. Why would you be an excellent Administrator for SSE?
Please use no more than 800 words total to answer these questions. Title your email ‘Temporary Administrator Application’.
To read the full job description & job applicant privacy notice follow this link -
SSE is committed to eliminating discrimination and actively encouraging diversity amongst our workforce by developing a staff team that mirrors the rich diversity found in our student population.
We will not discriminate with reference to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, marital status or disability.