20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
The Ampersand Project
We are looking for an experienced Research Manager who will be responsible for overseeing our research programmes. This includes working closely with our CEO to develop & pilot research services for universities (Communications Audits), conducting a project impact evaluation, conducting a project research programme, writing reports & monitoring project outcomes.
They will be skilled at monitoring & evaluation, research design, data collection & both quantitative & qualitative analysis. They will have excellent interpersonal & communications skills & experience of using different forms of communication for different audiences. The ideal candidate will also have a track record in the development & delivery of commercial research services (at an individual or organisational level).
The Research Manager will have line management responsibilities for the Research Officer. They will work closely with other members of the Senior Management Team & will report directly to the CEO.
This fixed-term, part-time position is being fully funded by the Scottish Government & the European Union through the European Social Innovation Fund, as part of the project ‘The Mental Health Challenges of Young Adults’.
• Degree in research or other related discipline
• Proven & varied experience of designing & conducting research & evaluation projects
• Proven experience of monitoring project outcomes & compiling monitoring reports
• Knowledge & experience of data collection, cleaning, management & storage
• Excellent qualitative & quantitative data analysis skills
• Experience of writing & editing research reports & other research-led communications
• Outstanding communication & interpersonal abilities
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office & confidence in using a variety of online applications
• Excellent organisational & management skills
• Ability to think strategically & identify new opportunities & initiatives
• Excellent supervisory & team-working experience
• Experience of working in the third sector
• Knowledge of the mental health, equalities and/or higher education landscape
• Commitment to empowering young adults, & supporting them to overcome mental health challenges
• £24,000 per annum pro rata (FTE £30,000)
• 28 hours per week (4 days)
• 24 days per annum pro rata (FTE is 30 days pa)
• 6 months fixed term contract, from early July to 31 December 2019
A full job description and details about how to apply are available at
The Ampersand Project is a new social enterprise that aims to improve the mental wellbeing of young adults. We do this by connecting research & real life – we combine research & academic knowledge with the daily experiences of our creative community in order to provide thoughtful & uplifting content, influence national & institutional policy, & improve mental health support systems.