Sales Administration Assistant
10 – 20k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Join the Wilderness Scotland Trade Sales Team
Would you like to join the Wilderness Scotland team? Do you have a great attention to detail, a passion for outstanding service and a love of adventure? Is being based in the Cairngorms National Park a bit of a dream location?
If the answer to these questions is a YES then keep on reading.
This position will play a pivotal role in the company, ensuring that our clients experience outstanding adventures through the considered and precise administration on any given trip departure.
Role – Sales Administration Assistant
Location – Aviemore
Type – Part Time, Fixed Term, 12 months maternity cover
Office Time – 95% In the field – 5%
Salary – £16,000-£18,000 per annum dependent on experience
Recognised in 2018 as a Great Place to Work and a Great Place to Work for Women
What We're Looking For
This role is offered as a part-time (30 hours per week), one year fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave. However, depending on the needs of the business, there may be scope for this contract to be extended at the end of the fixed period.
Filling a key role in the Trade Sales Team, the Sales Admin Assistant will process bookings and input traveller information to our CRM system, follow up with clients to gather key information and may also handle some live enquiries.
The Sales Admin Assistant will report directly to the Partner Program Manager and will work closely with all members of the Trade Sales Team, ensuring that all booking updates and traveller info is collated in a timely manner.
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Scotland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 Star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful candidate will bring a professional and high energy approach with an unwavering focus on customer service and attention to detail.
What You Can Expect
Based from an incredible, modern, purpose built, warehouse style office in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, we offer a special combination of interesting work, career opportunity and supportive culture in which to thrive as an individual and team member. We have steadily grown over the past five years and plan to continue this growth path, which in turn, will offer a wide range of opportunities for all staff. Not only that, we have also been recognised as the 8th Best Small UK Workplace & 6th Best Small UK Workplace for Women in the 2018 Great Place to Work awards scheme.
Wilderness Scotland is a company whose aim is to break new ground and set the worldwide standard for what adventure travel should be. We commit with passion to providing our customers with the most inspiring experiences of their lives, ensuring our experiences are delivered sustainability, promoting the value of wild places, setting new standards for tourism experiences and creating a rewarding, meaningful and truly fun place to work
Being part of Wilderness Scotland is more than just a job. It means being part of a dynamic team that are always seeking new ways in which we can improve. The successful applicant will thrive in this fast paced environment and within the team but will be encouraged to bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the role and the company as a whole. You can read a bit more about us in our Culture Book to get a real feel for what we are about.
The Employment Package
- Part time role (30 hours per week) to cover maternity leave for a fixed term of one year
- £16,000-£18,000 per annum pro rata
- 31 days holiday pro rata
- 1 Wilderness Scotland trip per annum
- Company Contributed Ethical Stakeholder Pension
- Company Health Plan (after qualifying period)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Flexible working
- A wide range of industry discounts including outdoor clothing / equipment, travel and insurance
- Yoga sessions, usually once per week
- Team activity afternoons (Wilderness Wednesday), usually once per month during the summer
Whilst the details below do not cover every element of the Administration role, they do provide a general overview of what you can expect from the role.
Location: Aviemore – 95% office based, 5% in the field
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Processing booking updates from our B2B partners
- Inputting traveller information into the CRM system
- Handling sales enquiries from travel agents
- Proactivity contacting partners to communicate key stages in their tour schedules
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience gained within the travel and tourism industry
- Excellent ITC skills with experience of cloud based CRM systems, ideally Salesforce, as well as Google Apps and Mac applications
- Competence and accuracy in word processing and data entry
- Detailed knowledge of Scotland and the travel and tourism industry, ideally possessing a great understanding of the adventure travel sector
- Proven ability to follow processes, prioritise tasks and maintain a high level of attention to detail even during times of pressure
- The ability to plan and manage your own workload competently
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to develop and sustain client relationships
- A strong and clear commitment to customer service excellence and “extra mile” delivery
Kirsty Duncan – Partner Program Manager
How to Apply
Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to [email protected] The cover letter must detail the three reasons why you think someone should book a holiday with Wilderness Scotland. To informally discuss the position please call 01479 420 020 and ask to speak to Kirsty Duncan or Karl Thurlow. The closing date for applications is 15 August 2019.