Senior Digital Officer
20 – 30k GBP
Four Day Weeks
Job title: Senior Digital Officer
Reports to: Director
Direct reports: Digital Assistant
Key relationships: Director, Digital Assistant, Campaigns Manager, Fundraising Manager
Working hours: 35 hours per week. This is currently a full-time post (35 hours per week). However, Free Tibet strives to be a flexible employer and we would also welcome applicants looking to work parttime at a minimum of 80% (28 hours per week).
Starting salary: £25,500
This is an exciting position for an experienced digital professional who wants to work for a campaigning NGO. It would suit someone who is looking to take on more responsibility and gain management experience – or someone looking to move into campaigning from another sector.
Free Tibet’s digital channels have a large international audience, reflecting our position as one of the leading organisations campaigning for freedom in Tibet. We are looking for a passionate all-rounder who understands the importance of good online communications. The Senior Digital Officer will oversee all of Free Tibet’s digital channels including websites, email and social media. You will play a key role in our outreach work, bringing Free Tibet’s messages to new audiences. You will also advise and assist with the digital communications of our research partner Tibet Watch.
The successful candidate will have experience working across a range of digital channels, including website CMS, Google Analytics, email marketing platforms (such as MailChimp), social media and video. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and able to work by themselves, but who also enjoys collaboration and can support colleagues. You will be flexible, diligent, able to work under pressure and manage a busy and sometimes competing workload.
Benefits of working at Free Tibet include flexible working hours, training and development opportunities, pension scheme, interest free season ticket loans and a generous annual leave allowance (25 days pro rata plus public holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year).
Our vision is a free Tibet in which Tibetans are able to determine their own future and the human rights of all are respected. Free Tibet campaigns for an end to China's occupation of Tibet and for international recognition of Tibetans' right to freedom. We mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and challenge those whose actions help sustain the occupation.
- Deliver the digital elements of Free Tibet’s strategy, encompassing website, email and social media, working closely with colleagues to ensure this supports fundraising and campaigns priorities as well as hitting digital targets.
- Supervise the Digital Assistant, ensuring that they are engaged, motivated to hit targets and able to develop professionally.
- Provide reports on website, email and social media performance.
- Oversee the organisational digital communications calendar.
- Monitor digital trends, industry standards and advise on new digital initiatives.
- Actively find and engage with new opportunities to bring Free Tibet’s message to new audiences.
- Attend quarterly board meetings, reporting on the plans and outcomes for our digital work.
- Oversee the Free Tibet website and other online systems, including site hosting/performance, contact with hosting company and external developers, creating user accounts and overseeing permissions.
- Upload and edit content (including images and video), work with html code, ensure best practice in content generation.
- Work with colleagues to ensure all content is kept up-to-date.
- Oversee website structure, including menus, modules, site map, redirects etc.
- Monitor and oversee Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Oversee Free Tibet’s email marketing platform, managing all email lists, uploading and segmenting contacts, creating sign-up forms.
- Ensure best practice in email content, testing, delivery and response rates.
- Regularly monitor performance of Free Tibet’s welcome journey for new supporters, making updates and testing as you go.
- Constantly seek out new channels to expand and increase the number of contacts on our mailing list, while remaining GDPR compliant.
- Oversee Free Tibet’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and YouTube pages.
- Develop new social media content, such as infographics and videos, working closely with the campaigns team.
- Manage social media promotion/advertising, analysing performance to ensure maximum ROI for the given budget.
- Experience of managing website CMS, html code and hosting.
- Understanding of website best practice (e.g. content, structure, navigation).
- Ability to monitor and analyse performance data and produce reports.
- Experience of using Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and image editing software.
- Experience of using email marketing platforms (especially MailChimp).
- Experience of writing supporter communications for multiple digital channels.
- Understanding of social media, including best practice and current trends.
- Ability to monitor trends and identify creative opportunities that support campaign objectives.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Commitment to Free Tibet’s mission.
- Ability to engage with supporters, both online and offline.
- Ability to supervise the Digital Assistant.
- Ability to deliver the digital elements of fundraising and campaigning, and provide additional support to both teams.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of working in fundraising or campaigning.
- Experience of producing or editing video content.
- Experience of using online fundraising systems.
- Experience of managing external contractors.
The deadline for applications is 10:00 am on Monday 15 April 2019. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
To apply for this role please download and complete the application form, which you can find here - You can also complete and send the optional Equal Opportunities Monitoring form along with your application if you wish. Send the completed application forms via the apply button below.