Flexi Time Job
Burd Haward Architects
Studio Manager (Maternity Cover)
Burd Haward Architects are looking for a part-time Studio Manager(1 year maternity cover) to join our multi-award winning architectural practice in North London, to start in January 2020. We are a small team of 7 people, located in Kentish Town in our new self built studio.
As studio manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our office. This is a varied role, with emphasis on financial administration, so good numerical skills are a must, as well as general IT knowledge. Experience in writing and submitting project bids would also be beneficial in this role.
It will suit someone who is pro-active, self-motivated and highly organised, with strong communicative and administrative skills. Previous experience in a similar position is essential.
Approx 24-30 hour week (3-4 days, 9am-6pm), flexible depending on availability.
Salary dependant on experience.
General Studio Management
- Answering calls and emails
- Greeting clients and visitors
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Processing and scanning post
- Managing filing and archive systems
- Arranging upkeep of office space
- Uploading, downloading and filing project information
- Arranging monthly CPDs
- First point of contact for IT support team
- Book-keeping to assist accountant, using Freeagent accounting software
- Managing project finances; updating expenses.
- Invoicing clients; chasing unpaid invoices
- Ensuring timely payment of invoices to suppliers and sub-consultants
- Assisting the Directors with fee agreements
- Using excel to produce Timesheet analysis and resource forecasting
- Negotiating insurance renewals (PII etc.)
- Assisting in the creation and submission of project bids
- Maintaining and updating website and social media (Twitter, Instagram)
- Occasional Press releases
- Assisting in award submissions
- Point of contact for all publicity; filing all digital and hard-copy press
- Managing the office diary
- Arranging meetings with suppliers, sub-consultants, clients
- Booking travel and accommodation for site visits
- Write and distribute meeting minutes
- Ordering samples for projects; arranging returns
- Updating and implementing office policies, including GDPR
- Handling of CVs, assisting with recruitment and employment contracts
- Setting up new employees on office systems
- Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop)
- Microsoft Excel, Word
- Freeagent Accounting Software
- Silverstripe (website software)
- Conject (document sharing platform)
To apply please email Natalie at with your CV and brief covering letter outlining relevant experience and your suitability, by Monday 20th January.