Flexi Time Job
Temporary Part-time Veterans Support Officer
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: £13.78 per hour
Location: Based at Banstead Court W12
Responsible to: Support Services Manager (other Sites)
Stoll is the lead provider of housing and support services in the Veterans sector. Founded in 1916, Stoll has provided a sanctuary to help Veterans rebuild their lives for over 100 years. More information is available at our website www.stoll.org.uk.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary part-time Support Officer located at our Banstead Court site in London W12.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of supporting individuals to be more independent gained through working with vulnerable adults. You should have experience of key working, risk assessment and support planning.
The role requires you to be able to manage your time flexibly as you will be required to lone work.
This temporary post is for an initial period of 3 months.
- Provide housing related support needed for tenants to sustain independent living, rebuild their lives and ensure integration within the local community.
- Be the first point of contact for Banstead Court and act as the face of Stoll, working proactively with colleagues, key partners and stakeholders to deliver effective support services.
- Signpost tenants to social /health & wellbeing events & activities and be proactive in tenant and community engagement.
Customer Focus / Promoting Independence
• Act as keyworker providing advice and support to tenants to promote independence and sustain their tenancy working with them to : -
- Develop, agree and regularly review a support plan that identifies their own personal goals and objectives and the level of support required
- Build and sustain links with family, friends and the wider community
- Identify and access opportunities for leisure, employment , education and training or other meaningful day time activities
- Support the development of a healthy lifestyle and where relevant to access appropriate health/medical services
- Access and obtain support from relevant mental health, drug and alcohol, counselling and ex services support agencies
- Develop and maintain independent living skills including cooking, cleaning and budgeting in order to sustain their tenancy and to break the cycle of homelessness
• Carry out needs and risk assessments with all tenants and review all assessments on a regular basis.
• Report concerns relating to safeguarding using organisational procedures.
- Work in partnership with Housing to resolve tenancy management issues including challenging anti social behaviour, establishing acceptable behaviour agreements and undertaking first stage contact in respect of rent arrears ensuring that tenants understand their obligations and are claiming the benefits to which they are entitled.
- Record and report day to day maintenance issues to Housing and L&Q (Landlord) and where necessary assist tenants to report their own repair problems to L&Q.
- To be responsible for the general Health & Safety at the Banstead Court office and carry out and document regular Health & Safety inspections of office as required.
Working in a team and with others
- Contribute positively to working in a team and across Stoll to deliver quality services to our tenants.
- Maximise own personal development by positively contributing to induction, supervision, training, appraisals and team meetings.
- Liaise and work with other agencies including housing, health and social care professionals as required in consultation with senior staff.
- Act in a professional manner while on duty and when representing Stoll.
- Work within established budgets and maintain accurate financial records.
Record keeping and data management
- Maintain accurate and up to date tenant financial and other relevant service records, ensuring that support plans, needs and risk assessments are understandable and reviewed regularly.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information relating to tenants and staff in accordance with Stoll’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Complete quarterly Key Performance Indicators and provide additional KPIs relating to service delivery as and when required.
Quality and regulatory compliance
- Work in accordance of the requirements of the current regulatory framework and best practice in respect of support to vulnerable adults and Safeguarding Adults
- Continuously look to improve the quality of services responding positively to customer feedback and complaints
Health and Safety
- Work in accordance with Stoll’s policy and legislative requirements for health and safety and report any accidents or potential accidents and near misses.
Equality and diversity
- Manage and maintain services in accordance with the principles and practiceof equality and diversity, taking account of individual needs and requirements.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the line manager, Director of Services, Director of Housing and Chief Executive of Stoll.
Banstead Court Support Officer
Experience of working with vulnerable adults gained either working with homeless people, alcohol and drug misuse, mental health and physical disability services
Experience/knowledge of the issues facing the ex service community
Experience of supporting individuals to be more independent
Experience of key working, risk assessment and support planning
Experience of working with voluntary and statutory agencies
Knowledge of the causes of homelessness and the cycle of homelessness
Knowledge and understanding of tenant rights and responsibilities
Housing and related benefits that support independent living
The regulatory framework and requirements in respect of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
• Core Competencies
- A passion to support vulnerable Veterans
- Understands the challenges faced by ex-Service men and women
- Provides excellent service delivery to both internal and external customers, responding promptly and effectively at all times
- Communicates information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of audiences both formal and informal
- Informs colleagues of successes, challenges and developments
- Works well with Colleagues, Trustees, Residents and external stakeholders
- Applies the spirit of “mucking in”, helping colleagues when needed
Support of Equality and Diversity
- Treats all people with respect
- Upholds Stoll’s equality and diversity standards and promotes individuality, equality and community at all times
Delivers a High Quality of Work
- Produces accurate, thorough, and professional work
- Plans and manages own work load, working flexibly to meet changing work priorities and demands
- Maintains excellent timekeeping standards, managing appointments and meetings effectively and planning well in advance
- Delivers tasks set through planning and supervision
- Takes responsibility for own work, including errors
- Utilises Stoll IT systems to manage emails, calendars and data effectively
Commitment to Health & Safety
- Understands how to work safely
- Understands how to respond to a safeguarding incident and reacts accordingly
- Manages their own health and wellbeing, recognising when to ask for extra support
• Frontline Competencies
Working with Customers
- A focus on maximising the independence of our tenants in all interventions
- A focus on delivering a holistic service to tenants at all times, focusing on theperson as well as their situation
- The ability to regularly motivate and inspire tenants to improve their lifesituation
- The ability to deal with tenants exhibiting difficult or challenging behaviour in a positive way
- An understanding of support issues particularly relating to Veterans
- The ability to communicate effectively with all tenants
Health and Safety
- An understanding of how to safeguard vulnerable adults and children
- The consistent application of appropriate boundaries when working with tenants
If you would like to work for us and have the skills needed for this role then we would like to hear from you. Please complete our Application Form along with the Equality and Diversity Form which you can find here - and email both to