Talent and HR Manager
Four Day Weeks
Talent and HR Manager
A Digital Future
The world is changing. Digital is a major cause and major catalyst. Digital solves big problems and creates big problems for humanity.
Digital has connected us together like never before. It's made our lives easier and safer. It's enabled us to achieve remarkable things. However, it will eventually take many of our jobs and with it, for many, our sense of purpose. Digital can be used to influence people in positive ways and manipulate them in negative ways. People will grow to love and grow to resent digital.
As experts in digital and human behaviour we are at centre of this change and feel a strong sense of responsibility to do something to influence our future in a positive way. We want to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
Digital was expected to bring equality, to be a leveller, but that's not been the case. In fact, it's created a winner-takes-all world.
We believe that future success will be exclusive to those who master human behaviour and digital. We call these two abilities superpowers and LAB wields them.
Our purpose is to give these superpowers to everyone.
What do we value?
You're here because you have these values in your heart. Values drive your behaviour and our collective behaviour is our culture. Culture is the key to our success.
● Humanity: We value humanity above all else.
● Courage: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.” - Henry Ford
● Resourcefulness: Humans got to the moon with the computing power of a digital watch.
● Reciprocity: To be truly successful we give first and are open to receiving.
● Growth: Personal development, growing our clients and growth of the agency.
What do we do?
We're an independent agency obsessed with human behaviour, creativity, technology and communication.
We have a secret sauce: we were the first agency to bring high-tech digital and a high-tech understanding of humans together. This gives LAB the ability to create high performance digital solutions that are elegant, purposeful and extremely effective.
LAB has a consultative approach to almost everything we do. We like to build a deep understanding of our clients and their challenges and use a variety of models and intellectual property to solve those problems.
Our mission is to use our understanding of human behaviour and digital, the modern day superpowers, to help brands succeed. We use our influence to lead our clients, suppliers, partners and network to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
You can find out more about us on our website:
At Lab everyone has at least three things that they are accountable for. These are things that your colleagues count on you to do. For your role, these are:
● Recruitment across all digital professions within the agency
● Establish and build a network of trusted freelancers
● Full integration across the departments and the international Lab offices to fully understand the existing workforce and future resource requirements
● Leading Lab’s HR methodology and processes
● Improving the culture and engagement across the business through social event planning
Success looks like…
● A great network of people, with lasting relationships - knowing who the next candidate should be for each role in the business
● A high percentage of new appointments passing their probation periods (90%+)
● Clear understanding of and influence upon the internal culture at Lab
● Leading all aspects of the HR function within the business
A day in the life might look like…
● Looking for people, building a network of candidates - permanent and freelancers
● Arranging phone calls and screenings
● Research and generation of ideas for events and social programs
● Looking for smart solutions in terms of recruitment and HR for employees and the business
● Meeting candidates/organising interviews
● Dealing with HR tasks when needed
Your greatest achievements will be…
● Building a team to achieve the growth and sustainability of our departments and teams
● Maintaining a full understanding of the various disciplines within Lab
● In-depth understanding of the various roles within the business, and presenting these in a positive light to candidates - selling Lab as a great place to work
● Contributing to a positive and happy culture/office environment, anticipating and addressing HR issues as they arise
● Ensuring that Lab is fully compliant in all aspects of HR, and that staff have a trusted person to talk to confidentially on any of these matters
Your place in the agency and key relationships
● Report into GM
● Collaborating with senior management team on current and future requirements
● Interaction with, and HR management of, all UK employees
● Regular liaison with overseas offices management team
● Attendance of quarterly company-wide management meetings
To apply for this role please press the apply button below.