flexi time job
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way to work and live.
We envision a future in which people can work without distractions from anywhere in the world on things that they are passionate about, and then unplug at the end of the day with the reassuring peace-of-mind that their tasks and teamwork are accounted for.
We are a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first team, but a family of 62 people (and counting!) who value:
• Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
• Taking care of ourselves and each other
• Empowering people to live fulfilling lives
• Making long-term decisions, even if they’re harder
Our values aren’t just meant to paint a nice picture—they are the core of how we think, work, and interact.
We invite you to learn more about us, our values, and how we work at our Ambition & Balance blog.
As a Front-end Engineer, you’ll be joining a small team of developers to work on our core product, the Todoist web app. The Todoist web app is highly interactive and complex, allowing you to leverage modern tools such as React and Redux, to deliver a unique experience to over a million of our active users around the world. Like every member of the team, you’ll own the project from day one and help the team to make core architectural decisions. Within this role you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate in cross-functional teams to drive exciting initiatives.
• Experience building complex interactive web applications.
• The ability to use and customize tools (i.e. Webpack, Gulp) to streamline your development/build process.
• Good computer science fundamentals, especially regarding your knowledge related to the web technology stack.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated, or previous experience working in remote teams.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Bonus: Experience working with React and Redux.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
• Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
• Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
• Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
• Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
• Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
• Healthy snacks. You’ll have a budget to spend on fruit, nuts, and any other healthy snacks you need to keep you energized throughout the day.
• Annual company retreats. Although we work remotely, we still enjoy bringing the whole team together to get to know each other, bond, and have face-to-face discussions in places like Spain (2015), Iceland (2016), Greece (2017), and Chile (2018).
• Amazing people. Being a part of the Doist team means you get to work with incredibly diverse, talented people who also enjoy having fun!
• And much more!
To apply for this role please press the apply button below. When applying for the job please make sure to mention fourdayweek.co.uk in the headline.