senior ios developer
flexi time job
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way to work and live.
We envision a future in which people can work without distractions from anywhere in the world on things that they are passionate about, and then unplug at the end of the day with the reassuring peace-of-mind that their tasks and teamwork are accounted for.
We are a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 62 people (and counting!) who value:
• Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
• Taking care of ourselves and each other
• Empowering people to live fulfilling lives
• Making long-term decisions, even if they’re harder
Our values aren’t just meant to paint a nice picture—they are the core of how we think, work, and interact. We invite you to learn more about us, our values, and how we work at our Ambition & Balance blog.
As an iOS Developer, you'll use your strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and experience in iOS development to continue creating an amazing experience for our users on Todoist for iOS. However at Doist, you’re not just a developer; with business aptitude, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills, you’ll collaborate in cross-functional teams to define and drive complex and exciting initiatives.
As an iOS developer, you’ll:
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Participate in regular team code reviews
• Work actively with members from the design, product, marketing, support, and other platform teams on new features and improvements, ensuring well-designed and consistent experiences
• Contribute to the direction of the product (e.g. suggesting new ideas, investigating leveraging new technologies, etc.)
We’re looking for someone who has:
• 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
• Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C languages
• Awareness and experience with the most relevant and recent iOS technologies
• A background in designing and refactoring large-scale systems
• Solid knowledge of testing principles
• Solid notion of performance optimisation techniques
• Strong communication skills in a remote, asynchronous context
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Deep awareness of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
• Experience with WatchKit and AppKit
• Experience with open-source projects
• Experience on integrating third part technologies (e.g. Realm Database, Texture asynchronous user interfaces, Alamofire, etc)
• Experience with XCTest framework and UITests
• Experience with Git and GitHub
• Experience working in remote teams
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
• Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
• Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
• Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
• Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
• Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
• Healthy snacks. You’ll have a budget to spend on fruit, nuts, and any other healthy snacks you need to keep you energized throughout the day.
• Annual company retreats. Although we work remotely, we still enjoy bringing the whole team together to get to know each other, bond, and have face-to-face discussions in places like Spain (2015), Iceland (2016), Greece (2017), and Chile (2018).
• Amazing people. Being a part of the Doist team means you get to work with incredibly diverse, talented people who also enjoy having fun!
• And much more!
To apply for this role please press the apply button below. When applying for the job please make sure to mention fourdayweek.co.uk in the headline.